• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

How Soon After Somebody Dies Would You Approach the Loved One?

Alright. Thanks for the responses. You guys definitely opened my eyes on this. I wasn't 100% sure and so I figured maybe some people knew of a way without making it awful.

My understanding is that the pain of miscarriages is compounded by the fact that there is not the public opportunity to greave and receive the support of others which is normally when death occurs. Life for everyone else goes on unabated and the couple is left to greave mostly alone.

In any death life for others goes on as usual, but the death of any child even a miscarriage is something as a parent I never hope to have to face....Good news about heart disease in my family makes it only that much more likey I will predecease my children (silver lining if you will).

----------

Honestly, I don't know how you can see this as a selling opportunity? You'll look like an ass, everybody they know will think you're an ass and you kill more business than you'd might make.

From a cold hearted business side of things. If they have to take up a collection to meet the $1500 medical cost, where would premium money come from? These are not prospects for financial and emotional reasons.

I agree with every thing except the money part...Big difference in coming up with one large unexpected cost compared to a monthly premium that might just be $50 or less per month.

I would still stay away I can't even imagine starting the question without looking like an even worse version of an insurance agent then the guy in groundhog day.

----------

Alright. Thanks for the responses. You guys definitely opened my eyes on this. I wasn't 100% sure and so I figured maybe some people knew of a way without making it awful.

Here is the thing do enough prospecting activity and you will stumble into this just by your normal activity. Apologize explain you do x everyday and move on if no interest don't specifically Target someone like this unless you want to feel like the above discussion.

Just a note on writing business after a death.

It may be because we handle all of our claims personally but we do tend to write more business with families after a death. We also get call ins from family members. People are thinking and talking about Life Insurance. Business comes our way if we just do what we are supposed to do.

Just a note on writing business after a death.

It may be because we handle all of our claims personally but we do tend to write more business with families after a death. We also get call ins from family members. People are thinking and talking about Life Insurance. Business comes our way if we just do what we are supposed to do.

Yes, but they're contacting you...you're not making an initial contact with them to try and profit from their grief.

Back