• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

How Will Walmart/Direct Health Effect Booth Enrollment

evbaseball6

I saw today that Walmart has contracted with Directhealth.com, or TZ Insurance to give about two-thirds of their stores the ability to have agents in the store to quote and enroll individuals from all carriers plans.

Didn't Walmart, through TZ, just start charging $500 for booth enrollments for agents to sit in there and quote their carriers products? Isn't there a conflict there? Basically, the agents paid $500 to potentially have most of their 'would-be' sales get taken away by the other TZ agents? Or will the stores only have one or the other, not both types?

I'm sure everyone shopping at Walmart will be really interested in spending 30 minutes giving out all their private information to a stranger sitting in a kiosk in the middle of a noisy store.

And I'm sure the 'highly competitive' compensation package (hourly plus 'bonus') will attract lots of knowledgeable, experienced agents.

That sure sounds like a formula for success, not.

Back