Humana is Finally Paying Like Everyone Else!

I only write med advantage with sick folks or poor folks. Once I explain how med ad works, they don't want it (even if it is Zero premium). Humana is a LOT easier to work with and seem much more organized than UHC/CIP is right now. Make sure you're calling UHC to ensure they are receiving your apps. We had to refax 3 of the 12 we've submitted so far (all full commission plans). I really hate medicare advantage.

I have absolutely no problem with UH and have already received my $207 initial commission on quite a few MAPD's I wrote last week and will probably get the other $207 in the next couple weeks. Have never had them not get an application processed correctly, wouldn't write Humana if they paid me double what UH does.

I only write med advantage with sick folks or poor folks. Once I explain how med ad works, they don't want it (even if it is Zero premium). Humana is a LOT easier to work with and seem much more organized than UHC/CIP is right now. Make sure you're calling UHC to ensure they are receiving your apps. We had to refax 3 of the 12 we've submitted so far (all full commission plans). I really hate medicare advantage.

Use iEnroll, great system and say goodbye to fax except for the SOA. You just need a sig pad. Works for MA and PDP but not med supps. I have some med supp apps not showing in the agent portal but have called and they do have them and I am the AOR. Their iEnroll is much easier to use the Humana's MAPA sytem with all the dang disposition codes they make you enter. Both good systems IMO when looking to go as paperless as possible.

I have absolutely no problem with UH and have already received my $207 initial commission on quite a few MAPD's I wrote last week and will probably get the other $207 in the next couple weeks. Have never had them not get an application processed correctly, wouldn't write Humana if they paid me double what UH does.

Are you talking about UH MA(PD)? We are writing Care Improvement Plus which was recently acquired by UH. I hope we are talking about the same thing.

Are you talking about UH MA(PD)? We are writing Care Improvement Plus which was recently acquired by UH. I hope we are talking about the same thing.

My upline and I did the three-way call with humana today. She again told us that the previous Humana rep was correct. The upline went to talk with her Commissions Dept head, who told her that the Humana people were wrong. the Humana rep asked her dept head who said that the Humana comments were wrong. in fact, they only pay the $207 for Jan 13 and forward; will not include any previous enrollments in my Book of Business. She promptly apologized for the confusion and said that there would be a meeting of all of the department heads to discuss this. I questioned her why their "well qualified management team" didn't know how to answer this important question. She again apologized for their incompetence.
The End.

Humana is only increasing commissions in some states, but not all. Read that somewhere.

Sometimes they are all I have for some folks.

The universal PFFS plans suck....and what is up with the $1500 dental benefit but only for fillings, extractions and basic preventive . Few benes would need that much.

Back