I Hate Farmers

Denise509

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I really despise Farmers. Today one of my old clients came into my office absolutely mad because she had a past due amount going to collections. I assumed it was because maybe her automatic payment got rejected or something of the sort but there was more to this...... So I told the client to bring all of the paperwork from when I first wrote her policy. She came back and this is what I figured out:

I wrote clients policy through Bristol West on Oct. 6
I resigned from Farmers Oct. 24
Policies I wrote were transferred to a new agent Oct. 30
Client's payment got rejected Nov. 7
Client went to pay past-due amount on Nov. 18

And here's the DUMB part: Instead of the new agent taking the payment, she RE-WROTE the 3 auto policies under her agency through FARMERS and lied to the client and said it was cheaper!!THE TOTAL PREMIUM IS ALMOST $400 MORE EXPENSIVE THAN WHAT I ORIGINALLY WROTE! She re-wrote them on Nov. 18, AND she totally left behind the Bristol West policy, didn't even cancel it. Pretended like it didn't exist!! That's why the client got the collections notice, from the bristol west policy I wrote!! I called the "agent" twice before I found out she re-wrote the policies and she straight up said that she knew nothing about why there was a payment in collections. I don't even work for that company anymore and still have to deal with their bull. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Re: I Hate Farmers.

I really despise Farmers. Today one of my old clients came into my office absolutely mad because she had a past due amount going to collections. I assumed it was because maybe her automatic payment got rejected or something of the sort but there was more to this...... So I told the client to bring all of the paperwork from when I first wrote her policy. She came back and this is what I figured out:

And here's the DUMB part: Instead of the new agent taking the payment, she RE-WROTE the 3 auto policies under her agency through FARMERS and lied to the client and said it was cheaper!!THE TOTAL PREMIUM IS ALMOST $400 MORE EXPENSIVE THAN WHAT I ORIGINALLY WROTE! She re-wrote them on Nov. 18, AND she totally left behind the Bristol West policy, didn't even cancel it. Pretended like it didn't exist!! That's why the client got the collections notice, from the bristol west policy I wrote!! I called the "agent" twice before I found out she re-wrote the policies and she straight up said that she knew nothing about why there was a payment in collections. I don't even work for that company anymore and still have to deal with their bull. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Does this mean that you do not like Farmers? :biggrin::D

Ah yes, your clients policy was transferred to an agent of no morals.....This would be a good time to get the client to file a complaint with the DOI, however I'm sure when they signed the app the other agent covered thier rear end.

I understand your frustration, but this really isn't a Farmers issue, its an issue with your client (payment rejected) and an issue with an agent. I'm not sure Farmers as an entity did much wrong (in this case, not defending them as a whole).

If there was an overlapping period of time between the policies, have them go back and cancel the policy you wrote effective the day of the rewrite. Not a big deal.

Also, I thought Bristol West policies would cancel the day of the missed payment, with a 10 day reinstatement period. Problem is, with Bristol, they don't collect enough money upfront so there is a balance due if it cancels with the first payment. Usually not that much, but a few dollars.

My guess is that by 'cheaper', the agent meant the amount owed right now is less.

Here's the good news for you though.... You got paid the new business commission for this, the other agent got hit with the chargeback :)

Dan

UPDATE:

The thing is, since I no longer work for Farmers I can't have them backdate the cancellation (in fact there is nothing I can do except call and have them tell me I can't do anything). The client came into my office yesterday and told me he went to talk to his current Farmers agent. He said that when he asked her directly if she had used his payment (that was meant to pay for the BW policy) to pay for a downpayment on a NEW Farmers policy she ignored him. He also told me that she called someone from the company and they adviced her to have ME WRITE A SIGNED STATEMENT SAYING I WAS AT FAULT. That's why I have a problem with the company itself.How could I have been at fault in any of this- I wasn't even working there when any of this happened. Even if I had known this was going on at the time, I wouldn't have been able to cancel the BW policy since I didn't work there anymore!! So today, I'm going to the clients house and have him call the company. If they don't do anything about the situation (aka his collections bill) then I'll give him the DDM's number. :skeptical::mad::mad:

Back