I hate this certification BS

Once you get used to it it’s a cinch. I read zero slides and finished it all with the exam in less than 2 hours. I know someone will come on here and say I’m gloating. I’m not. It’s easy if you know how this stuff works.
My MAPD biz pays me $100k/year alone. 8 hours of my time is easily worth it.

I just did the AHIP in about the same amount of time without reviewing the courses. A couple of things I wasn't sure about mostly common sense stuff if you have been in the business for a while.in fact it seems to be getting dumbed down a little so the hoards of newbie medicare hotline agents can get appointed too.

Tampa has tons of $140 part b give givebacks . I’d hate to be selling medigap in Fla . How can one compete against $140 giveback , $2500 moop and $10 copays ? I’ve had an incredible first yr selling mapd but I’m anxious about retention as I have a lot of duals and lis . Plans are changing big yearly which means I either move some people are my business will be poached . Im targeting much more middle class this aep and looking at targeting some medigap .

My Med Supp biz is pretty sticky. I probably do 60-65% MAPD. I just make sure they know that MAPD is available and remind them why they told me they don’t want it.

I just did the AHIP in about the same amount of time without reviewing the courses. A couple of things I wasn't sure about mostly common sense stuff if you have been in the business for a while.in fact it seems to be getting dumbed down a little so the hoards of newbie medicare hotline agents can get appointed too.

LOL. I noticed that it appeared to be dumbed down as well. :)

Once you get used to it it’s a cinch. I read zero slides and finished it all with the exam in less than 2 hours. I know someone will come on here and say I’m gloating. I’m not. It’s easy if you know how this stuff works.

Dude give us all a break.

Useless training / test. Agents like u confirm.

Last edited:
Decided to take AHIP for 2022. I must have taken it in the past because I was registered as a user. Thought that after taking the final exam on the first 5 modules that I was done. Nope had to do 3 more. Couldn't skip pages so I decided to actually read some of it. Took me about 5 hours total. Now each carrier requires more training. What a PITA.

A huge PITA

It is worth it but after you do it every year for 15 or 20 years it gets old.

Some of these agents boast about how easy it is “Chasm” out of one side of their mouth, then say how necessary it is to sift out the weak competition.

Just a bunch of clowns. Boasting about all the money they make too.

This mapd thread is a joke

Lmao what happened to ur 2 hrs of bar room training you boasted about back in June?

Give us all a break

Like wellcare’s certification . If you didn’t read the material you wouldn’t pass as it asked questions like “ How many pdp plans did wellcare reduce to” . Irrelevant stuff . The truth is there’s so many plans and angels with mapd . PartB givebacks ,different dental amounts and what it covers,different copays that change yearly .Had a client i have a mapd and life with.Had her on a great lis plan with great dental she wanted from Jan 1st.I noticed she was switching plans . Since i have life with her i stopped by . She said someone on the phone offered her a $70 part b giveback . I pointed out $70 for the rest of the year is $350 and you need big dental work and its a $2000 benefit with zero copays. I pointed out the network of dr’s is terrible in the other plan . She disenrolled and kep my plan. The amount of work to keep a mapd on the books 5 yrs in 5 times greater than a medigap policy . I firmly believe medigap books will be under assault in the yrs to come .

Last edited:
Like wellcare’s certification . If you didn’t read the material you wouldn’t pass as it asked questions like “ How many pdp plans did wellcare reduce to” . Irrelevant stuff . The truth is there’s so many plans and angels with mapd . PartB givebacks ,different dental amounts and what it covers,different copays that change yearly .Had a client i have a mapd and life with.Had her on a great lis plan with great dental she wanted from Jan 1st.I noticed she was witching plans . Since i have life with her i stopped by . She said someone on the phone offered her a $70 part b giveback . I pointed out $70 for the rest of the year is $350 and you need big dental work and its a $2000 benefit with zero copays. I pointed out the network of dr’s is terrible in the other plan . She disenrolled and kep my plan. The amount of work to keep a mapd on the books 5 yrs in 5 times greater than a medigap policy . I firmly believe medigap books will be under assault in the yrs to come .

I agree, and it all started with Silver Sneakers the gym membership seniors must have but will never use, but now dental, vision, hearing, free food, transportation, free otc catalogs. Just wait till 2023 and the free handys. Aep will be nuts, pun intended.

Back