I need my license released!

Bamagirl

I went to work for one of these places with lots of commercials before and I didn't stay. I needed a certain schedule that I was told would be "no problem" until it was. Then I tried to work elsewhere and was told my license was being held until Jan 1st. I never even made a sale! How can I find out if it's still being held? Thanks. I really want to get started

I went to work for one of these places with lots of commercials before and I didn't stay. I needed a certain schedule that I was told would be "no problem" until it was. Then I tried to work elsewhere and was told my license was being held until Jan 1st. I never even made a sale! How can I find out if it's still being held? Thanks. I really want to get started

No one can hold your license.
They can choose to not release you from a particular company. There are however dozens and dozens of other viable companies available.

Ask the old agency fir a release. Contact your old insurance company and ask them if you need to terminate your contract to recontract somewhere else.

No one can hold your license.
They can choose to not release you from a particular company. There are however dozens and dozens of other viable companies available.

Ask the old agency fir a release. Contact your old insurance company and ask them if you need to terminate your contract to recontract somewhere else.

I didn't have a contract that I'm aware of. It was salary plus commission in what I'll just call a sweatshop. I had to sign an offer letter but I wasn't contracted with any certain insurance company. I'm just confused about this because when I tried to take another job and they told me my license was being held, they said this was a standard practice.

I didn't have a contract that I'm aware of. It was salary plus commission in what I'll just call a sweatshop. I had to sign an offer letter but I wasn't contracted with any certain insurance company. I'm just confused about this because when I tried to take another job and they told me my license was being held, they said this was a standard practice.

Again its not your lic it contracts with carriers that is the issue

Most will give silent transfer in 6 months except a few might make it go past AEP to jan 1st if oct is in the 6 month period

Some will go only 3 months

You could also try and get an immediate release from the company you worked for

if they don't give you release you can post about it here sometimes that helps or may help someone else not fall into the same trap

Back