• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

If You Had Only Two Choices Of Companies

insurancemet

Guru
100+ Post Club
2 choices of company. Okay, I am getting close to making a decision, thanks to some who replied on my previous thread but this question still lingers on my mind.
My first few clients will be my siblings. As far as being new and in need of training, it has come down to either Mutual of Omaha or Monumental, so my question is.
.For the best deal just between these 2 companies, if you can only sell one or the other to your family based on what is best for them, which company would you use.
.let's say for whole life products..someone had mentioned a word that pertains to whole life regarding the cash value return. I don't remember but would there be much difference btwn these 2, would you feel good about selling either to your family or would one be better than the other. Please respond, I really need to make a decision soon. I've been putting this off for so long. Thank you so much for any answer you can give me.

Re: If You Had Only

2 choices of company. Okay, I am getting close to making a decision, thanks to some who replied on my previous thread but this question still lingers on my mind.
My first few clients will be my siblings. As far as being new and in need of training, it has come down to either Mutual of Omaha or Monumental, so my question is.
.For the best deal just between these 2 companies, if you can only sell one or the other to your family based on what is best for them, which company would you use.
.let's say for whole life products..someone had mentioned a word that pertains to whole life regarding the cash value return. I don't remember but would there be much difference btwn these 2, would you feel good about selling either to your family or would one be better than the other. Please respond, I really need to make a decision soon. I've been putting this off for so long. Thank you so much for any answer you can give me.

Have them call a local insurance agent who is familiar with life insurance.

Xs 2..................
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Xs 2..................

Edit: OK, Let me help. Have an agent help you with a couple of these for a split. That becomes a win for your family and a win for you. You learn what to do and get paid. Without having to apologize to the family later.

Last edited:

@ Jim Jenkins, well I am going to sell them insurance, so why would I have them call another agent.? at Wino Blues, so I just try to find an independent insurance agent who is willing to write the business and tell him I will split the commission with him....in regards to these 2 companies, does anyone have an opinion which they would rather sell if they only had these 2 choices? Thanks.

@ Jim Jenkins, well I am going to sell them insurance, so why would I have them call another agent.? at Wino Blues, so I just try to find an independent insurance agent who is willing to write the business and tell him I will split the commission with him....in regards to these 2 companies, does anyone have an opinion which they would rather sell if they only had these 2 choices? Thanks.

Yes, Best if you can watch him/her do the work in a Face to Face appointment. If the agent is cool they will spend sometime with you pre meeting and after to answer questions. Even if the other agent is out of your area you can gather some knowledge through them.

On the two companies, I know nothing about their Whole Life. If you are talking just FE type policies and your siblings are healthy you may putting them in policies that are less than prime.

Good luck.

ps... What state are you in. Maybe some here can help you.

Thanks Wino for the info..I am near SF, CA. I just posted a new thread asking if anyone here is local to my area. Ya, actually it would be life they are interested in..young families with young children.

Thanks Wino for the info..I am near SF, CA. I just posted a new thread asking if anyone here is local to my area. Ya, actually it would be life they are interested in..young families with young children.

Where in the Bay Area. I have a lot of clients there. Are you going to replace me? :frown:

So why whole life? On the face of it, shouldn't they be buying term?

PS. I really do love whole life, but from the 10,000 foot view, this is a case that screams for term. Is whole life what they really want, is it what you want to sell, or is it what you think is best, or some other reason?

The company that will give your siblings the most insurance for the best price. Commission should not be a consideration.

Have you run quotes with both companies? If not that is the place for you to start. Or, contact Bob Barney and use his quoting software.

If they qualify for FE insurance then MOO is suppose to have a good policy that agents can't sell but the premiums are suppose to be good. I'm sure others can give you more information. I assume you want to get the best deal for your siblings. Or not!

No Wino, I will try not to, you've been such a help to me. :) I live out in the East Bay..at VolAgent...honestly I would rather sell them term but I think they may want whole life..so for term, is Transamerica one of the cheaper one? I'm just trying to find a company that I can feel good about selling to my family and at the same time getting training, right now locally the ones I found that would train me is either Mutual of Omaha or Monumental.

Back