Im Looking to Work at a Large Call Center, Does Anyone Have Names of Call Centers

jdawg

Okay so I am looking to work at a large call center selling ind health insurance, I can relocate any where in the US. I am hoping to work for one that provides leads. Is there anyway to get a list of Insurance call centers or can people provide me ones they may be familiar with? Thanks for your help!

My thoughts exactly.

Did you know the average call center rep maxes out at $500 a week?

Please, do tell me why you want to work at a call center.

I am extremely interested in finding out why.

I know of one in NY if your interested. I don't like it but you can make a lot of money after a while. You get salary and after your first 20 deals you get commission. They provide leads a consistent basis. But the commission compared to being independent sucks. That is why I am considering going independent. if anyone can let me know how to get started I would appreciate it.

JayJay - thanks if I could get the name that would be great.

dgoldenz & YougotmyMoney - I knew someone would ask why I want to work in a callcenter and its a good question. There is a couple of reasons,
1. I am fairly new at selling insurance and want to develop my skills, 2. (And this is the bigger reason) My cousin the filthy rich entrepenuer that he is has requested I get the experience so we/I can start our own operation. He is someone that always keeps his word otherwise I probably would not go this route but he wants me to get 1 yr or so experience and I can understand that since he is the one willing to put up all the money.
Right now he is building his 10,000 sq ft vacation home....everything he touches turns to gold so Im willing to be his biatch for a year (haha)

dgoldenz & YougotmyMoney - I knew someone would ask why I want to work in a callcenter and its a good question. There is a couple of reasons,
1. I am fairly new at selling insurance and want to develop my skills, 2. (And this is the bigger reason) My cousin the filthy rich entrepenuer that he is has requested I get the experience so we/I can start our own operation. He is someone that always keeps his word otherwise I probably would not go this route but he wants me to get 1 yr or so experience and I can understand that since he is the one willing to put up all the money.
Right now he is building his 10,000 sq ft vacation home....everything he touches turns to gold so Im willing to be his biatch for a year (haha)

Working in a call center isn't going to help you since the way they do business is not the way you want to do business when you go independent.....is your cousin an insurance agent? If not, and he is already that rich, why would he want to become one? Or is he just putting up the money and taking a cut of the profits?

1. I am fairly new at selling insurance and want to develop my skills,

Let me start out by saying this:

Out of all the active members on this board, I can say without any hesitation that I most likely have the most experience with call centers.(Both as a rep and as a manager)

If you want to develop the right skills, do not work at a call center.

They will teach you how to pitch only GR and Assurant.

They will not correctly train you on the products....

For example, lot's of call center agents think it's a 100 copay to go to the ER on the Copay Select.

Or X-rays and Labs are covered for the $35 copay on a regular doctor's visit.

If you want to learn to sell individual health insurance the right way, see if Rob Liano will train ya.

dgoldenz & YougotmyMoney - I appreciate the responses,
Keep in mind the goal is to operate my own call center so alot of it has to do with hands on exp for operations and learning that aspect vs product line. But thats a very interesting point and appreciated.
My cuz is basically helping me out, he is retired at 42 made his money owning one of the largest recruiting companies, he will be taking a % of profits.

dgoldenz & YougotmyMoney - I appreciate the responses,
Keep in mind the goal is to operate my own call center so alot of it has to do with hands on exp for operations and learning that aspect vs product line. But thats a very interesting point and appreciated.
My cuz is basically helping me out, he is retired at 42 made his money owning one of the largest recruiting companies, he will be taking a % of profits.

Our point is if you work at 99% of call centers, you will not learn the correct skills to operate a call center successfully.

You should contact Joe Stevens (TXINSURANCE) he has a call center in TX.

Back