Initial Election Period Question

Why wait until then? He can drop the group anytime to enroll into MAPD.

That's an interesting point. I overlooked the part of the OP where the employer plan was not dropped as the question focused on whether IEP was used up. The PDP used up the the IEP. But, does leaving the EGHP create an SEP? Sounds like it might.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

That's an interesting point. I overlooked the part of the OP where the employer plan was not dropped as the question focused on whether IEP was used up. The PDP used up the the IEP. But, does leaving the EGHP create an SEP? Sounds like it might.

Yeah, just in response to HAMPnet's antecdote, not the original question, there would be an SEP-LEC (leaving employer coverage)

IEP isn't always a certain time period, it ended as soon as CMS approved the enrollment in the PDP. You only get one enrollment during IEP.

Just curious, did you try and call cms and ask if the pdp could be dropped so they could enroll in an mapd? I have heard they will have a little mercy on new comers.

Just curious, did you try and call cms and ask if the pdp could be dropped so they could enroll in an mapd? I have heard they will have a little mercy on new comers.

Why would he even want to attempt that when the enrollment can go as smooth as butter just using the SEP- Loss EGHP

I'm referring to a situation where the is no EGHP.

I would say chances of CMS granting a do over in this case is almost zero unless they can get an Obamacare Presidential bad healthcare decision pardon..Sometimes CMS will grant exception for people to enroll in pdp or ma if they where misinformed by employer about options.

He has the PDP, and credible coverage for Health, for the year, and it has more to with not wanting to deal with it until AEP. I could fix it, as suggested.

In your example you described your client painfully discovering that it was too late to leave an expensive EGHP for an MA because he used up his IEP with a PDP. Now you're describing it as something you could fix but client doesn't want to deal with it. Which is it?

In your example you described your client painfully discovering that it was too late to leave an expensive EGHP for an MA because he used up his IEP with a PDP. Now you're describing it as something you could fix but client doesn't want to deal with it. Which is it?

Both.

When I can control a client's pain, even what I perceive to be pain, I'll be as surprised an anyone else...

Both.

When I can control a client's pain, even what I perceive to be pain, I'll be as surprised an anyone else...

Oh, I see. Your earlier post left the impression that you were waiting till AEP because you thought he did not have a valid election period available, which it turns out he does have.

Latest posts

Back