Internet Lead Intelligence

In between working with clients, going to Spring Training games and working on my tan, I've been writing an e-book on individual health insurance marketing methods and plans.

If you do it by buying internet leads...my hat's off to you. I don't know how anybody could possibly stand it!

So I decide to do a little "internet lead intelligence", by requesting a quote for me on a "dummy" basis (not me, the lead). The vendor will remain nameless to protect the innocent.

Here's what I found:
  • They sold the lead to four different agents.
  • They also sold the lead to another lead site, who in turn sold it to two more agents.
  • They provided a direct link to BOTH ehealth and HBD, should I want an "immediate quote".
  • I received calls and emails from all the agents. One guy ("Bob") was calling about the "health insurance application" I filled out.
  • Got a call from some woman who BARELY SPOKE English. Brutal. She wanted to do a warm transfer to some other jabroni...
  • Also got a call from a discount plan ($119 a month for the whole family!).
I don't know how you guys do it...

***TUESDAY 3/25/2008 UPDATE***

Have had calls from FOUR new and different folks today and yesterday following up on my request for health insurance.

Somebody' selling it somebody after it got sold to somebody?

*** WED 3/26 UPDATE***

Received a new call today from "Pat" an "analyst" with "New Health Choice" (it was a Palm Beach County, FL phone number). Inquiring about the"application" I filled out for health insurance.

Alas, it's $119 a month, but only for people who don't have health coverage now.

How many people do they sell these things to?

Well...I love your name, Rabbi....but I strongly disagree. Prospect Zone leads are OK at best. They clearly play games (like most lead services) and you have to watch them like a hawk.

Regards

Eleazar
I have done it successfully for years, and it gets better all the time. I am hiring more agents as I write, salary plus commission.It has taken me 12 years of buying and selling leads to get to this point. You will learn very little about the lead business by doing what you did, although you may learn quite a bit about one affiliate, there are thousands out there. Chumps from Oxford has done what you've done 3 times now just to my lead sites. I ran a trace on him to find out everything about him. He was only 10 miles away from me. And, I have talked to him over the phone as one agent to another in years past. I think he claims to be in Beirut. lol

In between working with clients, going to Spring Training games and working on my tan, I've been writing an e-book on individual health insurance marketing methods and plans.

If you do it by buying internet leads...my hat's off to you. I don't know how anybody could possibly stand it!

So I decide to do a little "internet lead intelligence", by requesting a quote for me on a "dummy" basis (not me, the lead). The vendor will remain nameless to protect the innocent.

Here's what I found:
  • They sold the lead to four different agents.
  • They also sold the lead to another lead site, who in turn sold it to two more agents.
  • They provided a direct link to BOTH ehealth and HBD, should I want an "immediate quote".
  • I received calls and emails from all the agents. One guy ("Bob") was calling about the "health insurance application" I filled out.
  • Got a call from some woman who BARELY SPOKE English. Brutal. She wanted to do a warm transfer to some other jabroni...
  • Also got a call from a discount plan ($119 a month for the whole family!).
I don't know how you guys do it...
Hello,
I am new to this industry and from what I'm gathering from yourpost you don't like internet lead generation. So my question is what other forms of generating leads do you use?

Thanks

Gee...who are you? What's your name and where do you work? You can't be far if you're just 10 minurtes away! And when did we speak?

"Ran a trace on him"....another one of those guys, I guess!

And PZ leads still are below average...

And PZ leads still are below average...

I have a protege that I've been consulting and coaching. We've been trying out different internet lead sources and measuring like crazy.

Prospect Zone appears to be the worst! He's had multiple instances of "leads", that turned out to be pregnant women trying to sign up for Florida Medicaid.

Now that's an affiliate...

I have a protege that I've been consulting and coaching. We've been trying out different internet lead sources and measuring like crazy.

Prospect Zone appears to be the worst! He's had multiple instances of "leads", that turned out to be pregnant women trying to sign up for Florida Medicaid.

Now that's an affiliate...

Insureme is King. They draw in the best leads, but sell to so many agents, that its become difficult to have a decent placement ratio. Back in the old days, before they started selling their leads to 20 agents, it was great. I used to close 40% of the leads I got from them. Now I'm lucky to place 15%.

It doesn't matter. You can make more money on internet leads than anything else, and screen your applicants not only with pre-set filters, but over the phone and save a lot of time. Who gives a crap about building local business. I think its better to have a scattered client base of good quality. Not affected as much by a downturn in a local economy. The US has gone global. It seems to be the way now. I get referrals from different states for all sorts of bizness from small group to child only, friend of a client. I really don't get what people are talking about when they bash internet or any other type of leads. It beats the heck out of yesteryear.

Latest posts

Back