• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Internet Leads My Thoughts and Processes

Last batch I got was from quotealead, they worked out well but they were health, I haven't bought a life lead in months.

I have not done much with aged leads myself (although I have gone back through old leads in our data base we never got in contact with and have had some limited success). We stick with only real time leads and try to strike when the iron is hot. We try to make a sale or an appointment first call before they get bombarded by a dozen other agents. As for buying aged leads I could see value in them if they were at a very substantial discount.

Keep in mind there are always ways to save on lead costs without having to buy aged leads or sacrifice quality. Our leads we purchase now we get from multiple lead companies at a great cost because we got a pretty large group of agents together and purchased leads at a group volume discount. We basically figured the more agents we could get together purchasing leads the more leverage we would have when it came to price.

Depending on what type of insurance you are selling expanding how far you are willing to market also helps. If you are willing to market outside your local area you can usually find competitive areas that few agents are purchasing leads from. In these types of situations the lead companies are more likely to work with you on price. You have to remember that most of these companies are willing to deal when they have excess leads available. It is better for them to sell leads that are not being purchased for something rather than nothing.

My experience with aged health leads that were between .50 and 1$ was a 1/50 closing rate. Not bad really, considering thats under 50$ to put a policy on the books, although it does take a lot more phone calls than say an exclusive lead with a 1/10 closing ratio.

I'd say for new agents that aged leads would be absolutely the way to go, because you're not risking losing money fast as hell with leads that are expensive because you haven't gotten your sales process refined enough to close a high %.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Remember, it takes 5 calls on average to close a lead. 100 aged leads = 500 phone calls to close 2 deals. 20 exclusive real time leads = 100 phone calls to close 2 deals.

Last edited:
My experience with aged health leads that were between .50 and 1$ was a 1/50 closing rate.

How "old" are the aged leads you bought?

1-2 days old?

That's what I used to do, buy them the day after they hit the quote request, I've done well that way.

I don't have the patience for "real time" leads, I get pissed off REAL QUICK, when I paid $7 for some moron to tell me "Oh I already bought BX last night".

I think the last batch I got was between 2-30 days, and I got 165 of them for .65. 100% of them had spoken to someone already, it was just a bunch of missed things by other agents.

I think the last batch I got was between 2-30 days, and I got 165 of them for .65. 100% of them had spoken to someone already, it was just a bunch of missed things by other agents.

Yeah, I would catch all the people who were sold the UHC Copay Select w/ 3k max on rx, and I would bring the drug limitation up, and if they had 1/2 a brain I flipped em to another carrier.

I have had a bunch of people ask this question and I cannot PM yet. As for our lead groups we basically set up lead groups with many of the major lead providers.

We found that the more leads we purchased the better deal we got. So we figured what if we got a large group of over 100 allstate agents together and went to the lead providers for a discounted rate.

Most of them were able to provide a pretty significant savings. The larger we get the groups the better savings everyone in the group gets.

So yes to all that asked anyone can join under the group umbrella for the internet leads because that just helps everyone. The larger the volume the group gets to the lower price the internet leads go down for everyone in the group.

Basically we can just pass your information on to the lead providers and they would place you under the group rate. My email is [email protected] for anyone that wants me to pass there name on.

Also yes to someones question if they will provide the group discounts if you are currently purchasing leads with them already. In most case the companies were honoring it for existing clients too. Hope this helps answer everyone's questions.

Also thank you to all that have sent the advice for life insurance and financial they are all great ideas we plan to implement right away.

We have already been doing some great things and implemented and pretty successful process attaching accident policies along with the auto and home policies we sell. We have been getting 1 out of 10 so far!

ksigmtsu do you know of any companies besides dialmaxx that integrate a predictive dial with leads360. I have beentrying to get set up with them since your referred me and have had no luck. they say they are at full capacity and cannot take on any more accounts

There are several others, the best thing would be call Jayson at Leads360 and ask him to give you the rundown on what is available. He knows basically all the integrated dialer companies that integrate with them.

Back