iPhone 3G or Blackberry for Insurance Agents

I have had almost every phone you can think of. If you want to talk THE phone to have? I haven't had a better multimedia phone than that MotoDroid from Verizon. It's a little big though.

iPhone has a ton of cool things just like the Droid but I hate that you can't replace the battery. 13 months later and battery is bad? Ya, buy a new phone or pay to have it repaired. And you can't update the storage. Buy an 8gig, stay and 8gig. Freakin dumb.

Fastest, easiest to use, best for email, and easy to type on? Blackberry Tour or Bold. By far the most powerful for the office professional. Just not a big multimedia phone. Ya, you can listen to slacker radio at same time, but whoopydoo.

Right now I'm using a Palm Pixi. I like that it has a keyboard like the Blackberry and it has great IM features. I do a lot of email, text, chat, facebook on my phone. So this one suits me good. The new update makes it a ton faster too.

Oh, and you want unlimited minutes and texting plus 20mb of data on the Verizon network? Check this website out. I use to work for Verizon and when people would ask about this website, we were to act like we have never heard about it and discount that they are using Verizons network for their company. But they are. Big Red has a great network, but they are crooked.

http://www.pagepluscellular.com/

And no, it's not my site! LOL

Last edited:
on the subject of phones, let me ask about phone companies. I am almost through with my contract with the idiots at t-mobile. Some people tout ATT while other Verizon. It seems those are generally considered the best. However, I am tempted by MetroPCS's no contract $40/mo. only because I have been burned by T-Mobile's 2 yr. contract, horrible customer service, and incorrect billing (on multiple occasions). What's the advice here?

I use by BlackBerry extensively. I have spreadsheets built that I can fill out for a needs analysis in front of someone, I can store all of my forms on my phone in case I need to email apps to someone on the spot, I get email right away, my calendar syncs with my laptop OTA, there are only a few apps that I truly NEED, and I find the keyboard easier to type on than a touchscreen.

Oh, and the phone is built better and has better reception on the AT&T network, which is a major plus for me.

There's really no ATT vs Verizon for me. It has to do with the reception in my area which has to do with the local towers.

For me, I can't get Verizon signals in my house - 1 bar. Outside my house is fine. ATT does great in my house, 5 bars and does great outside so for me, I can't have Verizon.

I have a windows mobile phone, The Shadow, from Tmobile. It does everything I need it to do. However, because it's windows, it's just like a mini computer... it will keep apps open and you have to go into the task manager and end them. If you forget to do that, it will get sluggish.

I have had a blackberry, and I love that the push email pushes new mail directly into your box, the second it hits your email server vs how other email works when it checks it every so often, like Windows out look does. You have this option on the windows mobile as well, but it doesn't work for say, gmail. It works for like a corporate email... haven't figured out how to set it up yet.

I have heard MANY reviews that the Android phone far surpass the blackberry, iphone and windows mobile.

Also, I think that Verizon has the best service no matter where you are and their customer service is amazing!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have tmobile too, and I can't stand them. But it's the only option for me atm. I will be going back to verizon soon, though. ATT has good cell service, but EVERYONE I have talked to about them, hates their customer service. Not to mention, EVERYONE I know that has had them say that a few months into their contract, ATT starts adding "charges" to their bills, so their bills end up being doubled what they should be; but ATT has no explanation to where or what the charges are, or they are 'minute' charges, when they had unlimited minutes.... and ATT refused to fix the bills.

on the subject of phones, let me ask about phone companies. I am almost through with my contract with the idiots at t-mobile. Some people tout ATT while other Verizon. It seems those are generally considered the best. However, I am tempted by MetroPCS's no contract $40/mo. only because I have been burned by T-Mobile's 2 yr. contract, horrible customer service, and incorrect billing (on multiple occasions). What's the advice here?

Last edited:
iPhone by FAR. I couldn't function without my 3Gs, I even monitor my marketing campaigns from it.

Leads hit my phone, I browse while I talk, I play music when working out, I use Google Maps for GPS, and all of the apps are insane.

NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Plus later on this year they're releasing a new iPhone OS with another iTunes update. The next OS will support multi-tasking on 3Gs and higher.

Last edited:
One other big advantage to the blackberry and certain droid phones for email, they have keyboards. Typing on the screen sucks if you need to have any detail to the email you're sending.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
iPhone by FAR. I couldn't function without my 3Gs, I even monitor my marketing campaigns from it.

Leads hit my phone, I browse while I talk, I play music when working out, I use Google Maps for GPS, and all of the apps are insane.

NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Plus later on this year they're releasing a new iPhone OS with another iTunes update. The next OS will support multi-tasking on 3Gs and higher.

Blackberry does all those things too, just has a smaller screen, better battery life, and a keyboard, and already has multitasking.

I think the Iphone has a better web browser though, and of course the larger screen.

I have also personally seen the speed difference in sending an email simultaneously to a BB and a Iphone, one gets the email about 3 minutes faster than the other.

Last edited:
One solid hidden fact I didn't know about the iPhone until I went through is the resale on Ebay is amazing...Wife and I both have the original 3G, bought her the new 3Gs for this past holiday, threw up her 3G and someone bought it for $280...While I don't know the resale value of BBs, this part surprised me.

Use Pandora for your music (phone or pc).

AT&T service is a bit spotty sometimes, but looks like Verizon might be onboard with Apple soon.

Back