• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Is Anybody Making Real Money Out There?

You did a single 4k drop and are flustered because you got 30 leads? Wowzas...

I mean, if this was done bulk mail.. (which I can only assume it was) it's taking incredibly high turn over time to get delivered. Bulk mail, in some places, can take up to 3 weeks to deliver.

Bulk mail is not a priority when you have a huge backlog of packages and letters, which we currently have... With portions of the mail force not able to work due to CoVID.

Last edited:
There’s no question there’s an issue going on with direct mail leads . I just did a 4K Medicare lead drop( I get these free in co-op money from my imo) and i got less than a 1% return . These were coming in with a 2% return the past yr . My friend uses Rgi and has been ordering 25 leads a week for a long time and has a very tough time getting 15 leads. Newby are you seeing any problems with Direct mail nationwide with RGI?
Only in PA and Colorado. Mail seems to be really screwed up in those two states right now.

Slow mail out of colorado would be nothing new. A company I used to work for had slow mail from a Denver suburb branch 15 years ago.

If this were completely true, Policy Genius would have crushed us all a long time ago. Definitely some truth to what you're saying. Agents do need to adapt to technology.

However, some things in life will always require a small scale personal touch. Insurance is one of them.

Dont care how many carguru websites come out, there will be folks who will want to smell and touch their car before they buy it.

No matter how many things people can order from Amazon, their will always be folks who prefer to walk into a store and buy their product.

I appeal to the "touchy feely" folks. Policy Genius can keep those who simply want automation and think they know more about insurance than an insurance agent.
@Tothetop @helgaemines
and for some of the older folks, I think I might have a solution that could be beneficial for all...

I have a possible tech solution that I have been pitching to some in the forum that is my belief can compete with PolicyGenius and Industry giants... I am biased of course, but check me out... If my Platform is anything like you have seen on the market after you check my demo videos please inform me what is my closest competitor, would love to hear the thoughts of the experienced sellers here...

The tech I believe requires a little psyche re-framing of the industry's current method of doing things... Is a little expensive to a beginner but not a top producer/top seller. Maybe some of the broker agencies here can join together and pool resources to use my platform in multiple states.

Come and take advantage of this guerilla marketing I am doing and get working with me to capitalize on the early adoption phase of my tech, believe me when I say a couple of millionaires will be created... I rather keep this independent than sell it to a multinational corporation that will possibly ice my tech.

Original OP question: Is anybody making money?

Yes...

Last edited:
Well if your tech is as good as your markting, I'm sure it's a gamechanger *eyeroll*
Well man you know once in a while you search hard enough in the dirt and who knows you might find that diamond I drop 40 years ago. Anyways ill send you some video of my tech, is either going to shut your mouth stop the *eyeroll or make it worse who knows, time will tell... :biggrin:

I was actually going to click the link and check out his stuff. But....:nah:
I send you a message... Is long but hopefully you have time to check my platform's video... Don't jump the gun on lack of URL, I am not planning to be selling the PaaS (Platform as a Service) as main source of revenue for my company, in other words, selling to other brokers is not my priority at the moment (more like an exercise to bring more capital on current company's size stage) that's why I do not have a front facing checkout for brokers.

Anyways hopefully some brokers take advantage of the opportunity the majority will not, but I think is an interesting proposition for any selling professional. As this PaaS will be fork and used by carriers, FMO, IMO, PLUS auxiliary services like mortgage broker, CFP/CFA/CFP ... ________________(fill in the blank) professionals can be added with some minor edits.

Last edited:
I send you a message... Is long but hopefully you have time to check my platform's video... Don't jump the gun on lack of URL, I am not planning to be selling the PaaS (Platform as a Service) as main source of revenue for my company, in other words, selling to other brokers is not my priority at the moment (more like an exercise to bring more capital on current company's size stage) that's why I do not have a front facing checkout for brokers.

Anyways hopefully some brokers take advantage of the opportunity the majority will not, but I think is an interesting proposition for any selling professional. As this PaaS will be fork and used by carriers, FMO, IMO, PLUS auxiliary services like mortgage broker, CFP/CFA/CFP ... ________________(fill in the blank) professionals can be added with some minor edits.
Send it to me...I'd like to take a look as well.

Back