Is Nilus a Nutjob?

1) even if you believe in the report your providing to consumers, this email that is sent out is designed to create fear, and that should not be your tactic. 2) Do you sell leads for the people that do want to be contacted? 3) I think you would market your report better if you had a better Domain , like FreeMedigapReport.com

Last edited:
Your comments are much appreciated. Weiss Ratings does not currently sell leads. Weiss Ratings is a research and data provider.

Any time fear is used as a selling tool it's a big red flag for the buyer to run the other way. Do you raise good points? Sure. There are major price differences for the exact same plan. There are gaps that are not covered. But the tactic is disturbing to say the least.

Plus, how does Weiss solve the problem of Medicare only covering short term problems and not long term health issues? The email brought it up as a scare tactic, but your solution doesn't solve it. That is probably the most financially damaging gap for a client and nothing in Medicare - no matter what info you provide will solve that. Only proper planning through LTC, HHC or Hybrid products can solve that.

Your comments are much appreciated. Weiss Ratings does not currently sell leads. Weiss Ratings is a research and data provider.

You are preying on the fear of consumers that they may overpay. What they definitely over pay for is your reports that any agent can give them for free.

Most consumers I speak with have been with the same carrier since the beginning of time. That's the real problem. They don't shop around for the better price.

I resent a product that specifically infers that agents don't have the client's best interest in mind. And I really think the email which was the subject of this thread points out how dishonest your company is.

Rick

So the same company selling the comparison software suggesting in their advertising that agents should not be trusted also promotes the same product to agents.

Last edited:
You can register to see a sample Weiss Medigap Pro report from the link you have in your message. But, if you prefer, Weiss will be happy to provide you with a sample Medigap Pro report. Just e-mail your request and any questions to [email protected].

----------

Weiss also offers an affiliate program for agents that would like to offer the Weiss Medicare Power Planner to customers. Just e-mail [email protected] to request additional information.

We wish you SALES!!

So you dis agents...then turn around and want them to sell your overpriced "report" for you? Yeah right.:skeptical:

Most consumers I speak with have been with the same carrier since the beginning of time. That's the real problem. They don't shop around for the better price.

Rick

This. So your consumers who buy your report end up going direct to a carrier, stay there for 4 years and don't realize they should have moved 2 years ago due to rate increases, however no direct agent or company will ever tell them there's a better rate somewhere else. Yet you are their salvation to safety somehow? (for a mere $99 that is)

Something an independent agent could and easily does, or they should do.

Weiss, you mentioned that perhaps an agent signs a client up due to a low premium but that company has high increases because the agent didn't have that data. Well perhaps, um....we do all have and use that data and didn't pay you $99 for it?

Also as we all know, when it comes to rate increases the past doesn't always equal the future.

You're now pimping this to us to use as agents after you clearly stated your opinion of lack of need for us. I believe you're looking for newbies who don't know any better.

But to be fair I requested your sample report and shall give it a thorough review.

Last edited:
We agree -- advisors and planners should take a comprehensive approach to assist their clients. The Weiss Medicare Power Planner is one tool to assist consumers in making informed choices, along with professional guidance. Weiss produces the Consumer Guide to Elder Care Choices and the Consumer Guide to Long-Term Care Insurance. These guides are part of a consumer guide set available at libraries and through Grey House Publishing as part of their financial rating series.

We agree -- advisors and planners should take a comprehensive approach to assist their clients. The Weiss Medicare Power Planner is one tool to assist consumers in making informed choices, along with professional guidance. Weiss produces the Consumer Guide to Elder Care Choices and the Consumer Guide to Long-Term Care Insurance. These guides are part of a consumer guide set available at libraries and through Grey House Publishing as part of their financial rating series.

You're persistent, I'll give you that. It's pretty obvious you have no fans here. You want to charge $99 for something the consumer can get for free from an agent. You have somewhat disparaged agents in an earlier post which now seems to be gone and then you push your product on agents to purchase. Give me a break.

Newsletters like the one you refer to reflect the opinions of the editor.

Weiss Medigap Pro is a tool for agents to review competitive rates. Weiss Medicare Power Planner is a consumer premium comparison report. Both, provide comprehensive views of Medigap premiums based on insurance company rate filings. We're glad you requested a sample!

Back