Is prospecting dead?

I wasn't trying to change the topic. But some people throw those little zingers in there and if left unchallenged, are taken as the truth.

I prefer door knocking. But I don't have to rely on insurance to feed a family.

Plus, I live in a nice climate. Never cold, rarely rains.

I wasn't trying to change the topic. But some people throw those little zingers in there and if left unchallenged, are taken as the truth.

I prefer door knocking. But I don't have to rely on insurance to feed a family.

Plus, I live in a nice climate. Never cold, rarely rains.

You know what makes a joke humorous?
The grain of truth it contains.

It wasn't a zinger, more of a truth.
Check around, and you will find lots of voter fraud in blue states.
Unless you want to stick to your narrative of course.

Hardly a challenge.
The truth stands on its on.

You live in a climate that is never cold and rarely rains.
Sounds like Hades, or California.
Difficult to distinguish between the two.

I guess the rolling blackouts aren't that noticeable.
Enjoy the $7 a gallon gas.

You know what makes a joke humorous?
The grain of truth it contains.

It wasn't a zinger, more of a truth.
Check around, and you will find lots of voter fraud in blue states.
Unless you want to stick to your narrative of course.

Hardly a challenge.
The truth stands on its on.

You live in a climate that is never cold and rarely rains.
Sounds like Hades, or California.
Difficult to distinguish between the two.

I guess the rolling blackouts aren't that noticeable.
Enjoy the $7 a gallon gas.
Funny how every time I see the MSP reporting on a Trump comment on the GA election, they always make a point to at least saying there is not evidence but most come right out accusing him of repeating a lie. But they never make those comments when Stacey Abrams complains about a rigged GA election. Nor did they call Obama's statement of GA disenfranchising millions of black voters with the new election law when the truth is GA had the highest black participation ever in the last election.

You are the one making the accusation. You check and show proof.

You didn't show proof.
That is one vote, in a red state.
Besides, you would you won't believe it any way
if you saw proof.

I will say, I'm sorry, if you other members from California felt
slighted.
I am wrong to condemn your state.
Trying to make a joke has upset a grow man.
To you sir, you have my deepest apologies.
Shooter

How did agents find business before social media, zoom, and lead guru's?

In my case, I was given a book of business to 'service' in Concord, CA. middle and lower middle class. Learned how to policy review and learned how to churn and burn replace. Unfortunately. Also ran appointments with new agents (rich recent college grades) that were given the upper-middle class books in Pleasanton, Diablo, Blackhawk, and the Oakland hills. I learned how to ask for big checks without studdering. Also how to split business with other agents. And when they failed out I kept the clients. I also worked the mean streets of East Oakland and Richmond, and they were really mean back then, where I learned to write little burial policies / FE.

After I left John Hancock I worked in an Allstate office with 3 agents that each had large books of business. I was the Life guy and worked their books.

I built relationships with sources like the JNL customer service reps who fed me orphans, and other company reps that fed me orphans. With JNL I became the go-to guy to fight A.L. Williams replacement. Then the annuity replacements. All by doing the replacements myself :) So my leads came and still come from relationships.

I did not buy my first lead for years. Never really worked for me. More likely I just did not work them. The last leads I have bought and worked were the Lee FB leads. Those worked really well for me. Then I have done a lot of split business with other agents. Matt S here used to send me a bunch of his leads. Whatever happened to him.

High tech was a Thomas Guide and a roll of dimes

I used to go to the county clerks office and make make copies of new mtg listings.
I also door knocked on business and offered a health insurance review.
I tried doing some joint work with PnC agencies but could never get anything going with that.
Did a raffle at baby stores first prize $50 gift certificate.
2nd prize free financial plan.
This was not bad until compliance had an issue.

Lol.

Yes, it is old school because he asked about "before"

Many counties now have very easy ways to pull up new marriages & birth records online. Voter registration records are also very easy & cheap.

But the real issue after getting the info is how in the world to make contact with so many not having home phones.

Fast people search.com is very good source to find contact info including cell #s, relatives, etc......but got to check the do not call registry
Don't be so paranoid about the DNC registry. Just call to say hi and ask how they are doing. Make a friend.

Latest posts

Back