Votes: 4 18.2%
  • NorthStar

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Senior Life

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Securus

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
Hey everyone, thanks for sharing on this thread. I appreciate each of you, and didn't mean to sound overdramatic. The lead WAS Final Expense, btw.
I can't help thinking what could have happened, had I gone into the prospect's home, and it stung when I reached out the person I referenced earlier, shared my story and told him that I was now too nervous to meet strangers in their homes alone, and he told me straight up, "You're probably in the wrong field then."
I love being a Final Expense agent. But I don't want to worry about my safety. This is why I'm going to be pursuing the virtual side of this :-)

It does not sound, on the face of it, that F2F FE is for you. It would not be for many of the women I know. Some would rock at it. My wife and youngest daughter, no way. My oldest daughter, would be great at it. I personally would not want any of them doing it in the traditional DM F2F way.

Telesales and online? You bet. You are going to hear it can not be done and it is a failed model. Go to sale term life. Com
and you will see people that didn't get that memo. Not easy, but doable.

Find what works for you.

Hey everyone, thanks for sharing on this thread. I appreciate each of you, and didn't mean to sound overdramatic. The lead WAS Final Expense, btw.
I can't help thinking what could have happened, had I gone into the prospect's home, and it stung when I reached out the person I referenced earlier, shared my story and told him that I was now too nervous to meet strangers in their homes alone, and he told me straight up, "You're probably in the wrong field then."
I love being a Final Expense agent. But I don't want to worry about my safety. This is why I'm going to be pursuing the virtual side of this :-)

And you’ll do great! Cool thing about this field is you have a few options

I’ll just chime in to say that although a violent encounter is rare for insurance agents, it does happen. I was jumped by a guy while knocking on a door just a couple of years ago. He did a pile drive tackle on me in order to steal my phone. Looking back, I don’t think he intended to hurt me, but while he was on top of me I definitely feared the worst! (And it did exacerbate an old back injury that’s been worse ever since.)

I’ve had 2 or 3 close shaves before but was able to get out of trouble. But now that I’m getting older I’m starting to be concerned about looking like an easy target for an opportunity crime. I can’t even imagine being a woman and working in the rough parts of town where I spend most of my time!

But telesales isn’t the only option. My sister is an out of work teacher trying to find a job right now, and I’ve actually recommended she look into FE sales. I’m comfortable with that because she lives in a rural community, with several small towns in the vicinity. No way would I want her coming into Dallas to work! (Besides, I don’t think I want the competition!;))

I wouldn’t wish any woman doing this with some of the people I’ve seen . Yesterday I beat on a door. The house was nasty . I hear somebody messing with the door . Dude opens the door. He’s in a wheel chair with no legs smoking a cig . He had 3 pad locks on the front door . I peer in the house . No carpet and holes in the floor . He’s telling me how people are after him to kill him . I ask the dude can he afford $20 a month . He said no . I gave him a fisticup with my knuckles and said good luck . I wouldn’t advise any woman to enter that house . The conditions I run into are sometimes 3 rd world .

@StagekissPDX your situation is unique (close call) but as others have relayed, it's not so much your prospect as it is the neighborhood where most of them live. If it is a gated community you are probably in the projects.

The challenge of telesales is this. For the most part, life insurance is SOLD not BOUGHT. While there are some folks on this forum that have figured out how to make a living selling FE by phone they are few and far between.

FE in particular is SOLD, often grinding out the process in a one call close. You stay until you get the signature on the app or they call the police to remove you.

Some folks enjoy that.

Not me.

I have sold life insurance before, along with a number of other things. Tangible and intangible. While I was reasonably successful with one call closes I never liked that process. I would much rather qualify someone before going to their home.

Or even before talking to them on the phone.

My sales skills are above average and I can beat someone up and drag them across the finish line if I have to. But I would rather create an environment where someone wants to buy.

Jeff Gitomer says no one likes to be sold but everyone loves to buy.

If you have never read any of his book you should buy at least one. Once you own a couple you realize it is the same material rehashed. Still good but a waste of money.

Start with these
Amazon product ASIN 1885167601
Amazon product ASIN 1118985818
My favorite of all is by Thomas Freese if you want to learn how to really sell
Amazon product ASIN 1570715882
People NEED life insurance. Rare that you find someone who is over-insured. But for many people paying the cable bill, buying a 6 pack or 3 and lottery tickets come ahead of paying life insurance premiums.

For those reasons and more, persistency in the FE business if often less than stellar. When you BELIEVE in your product more than your client you will have a tough road. Not just with the initial sale but keeping it on the books.

The home service business might be better suited if you want in home sales.

If you want to sell life insurance (not FE) by phone check out these.
https://www.selltermlife.com/

https://digitalbga.com/about/

This will give you things to think about. Hope you find your niche. I believe you will do well WHEN you find a home.

Somarco the difference is your selling a product that must be bought(med sup) versus a product that has no benefit for the living client (Life ins). Its like selling p@c. People are 100 times more receptive to talk to you. I say if you can sell Fe well you can sell anything well. Even car sales people have a want.And i'm moving more and more into med sup

Latest posts

Back