It's Been 3 Years...

The thought just occured to me that 2/1/12 will be my three year anniversary in the insurance business. I just wanted to say:

1. THANK-YOU to Todd King for helping me get started, Frank Statsney for getting me motivated, and others who offered advice over the years.

2. and UP YOUR's ( you know who you are), to those who said " you'll be out of the business in 3 months", "you'll be out of the business in 6 months", " I'll give Dwayne another 3 months and he'll be selling cars again", and so on and so on.. LOL!!! However, THANK-YOU for the motivation..:D

Newbies, just work hard, sell what you enjoy selling, and take time to be with your family and enjoy your life, and this isthe best career you could ever have.

I thought you were an EMT now?

And don't forget all the heat you took for collecting money for the homeless people a year ago. That was not only brave, considering the criticism you knew you would get, but also kind and decent of you.

I don't think you ever published how much you finally collected from the venue?

Anyway, congratulations. As I understand the LIMRA stats, five years in the biz seems to be the tipping point, so you only have two to go!

Al
I am at this web site.

Yeah, that was enjoyable. Waynesboro just opened it's very first homeless shelter last week. NO MORE TENTS!!!
Homeless shelter opens its doors | News Virginian
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I thought you were an EMT now?

You are correct. A "volunteer" EMT which is only possible because I changed careers.
We started on here around the same time and I got my license on 2/14/09.
3 years for me too. So glad I "made it"

Congrats to you too. Keep on gettin it!!
Hey VaDwayne.....

I want to personally give you additional props....

I know the stress of being an agent, running a business etc, BUT I also did some firefighter and EMS stuff and know the added stress and crap we see....

You my friend, are one helluva guy that can handle all of the things you see and do in both careers!

And If I recall right, you are taking Medic classes, unbelievably tough!!
I salute you!

Thank you for the encouragement and you are correct.. Our squad ran 5410 emergency calls in 2011 with 80 members, 50 active, so there was plenty to do but it is not really too much stress because I really enjoy it. I just crossed over the half-way point in Medic class and just finished up cardiology. The most fun I have had in a long time was a couple of weeks ago I went into the O.R for 8 hours and shadowed an anethesiologist and intubated patients for him/her.I watched a C-section, lung surgery, intestinal resection. That was a blast. I test-out in June, and I can't wait.

Last edited:
VA, you are a fine human being and represent this industry well. You are a valuable member of this community. Congrats!

Dwayne,

I wanted to apologize to you publicly. My snarky comment was out of line and not deserved. I of all people know how hard it it to make it in this business and I hope you accept my apology.

Congrats!!!!! Over 50% of all new agents dont make it 13 months in this business.

Looks like you have figured it out and made it....

Dwayne,

I wanted to apologize to you publicly. My snarky comment was out of line and not deserved. I of all people know how hard it it to make it in this business and I hope you accept my apology.

Apology accepted... Thank you

Last edited:
Back