• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

It's been awhile since I've done Life, what other carriers?

Just getting back into doing Life. I never did a ton of it, but did a good share back in the day mostly term. I just slowly got away from it over the years and let it go, but about to get back doing it again. I could probably go searching but it's been years and just need a quick run down if anyones bored enough to enlighten me. I'm sure things are different now since I took my last LI application

So far I'm just doing the contracting with what my FMO has, mostly done now. ELCO, Womens Life, MoO, and Columbus....what else should I have and why? I'm setting appts now starting mid june... Gollini and Wino, if youre willing to pipe in that'd be awesome

FE was never a focus in the past but it will be now. Looking for who to use with easiest underwriting, best rates, less messy processes, submission, least time for issuing, any GI best options....And looking for not just which ones to contract with, but also what carriers to steer clear of and not waste too much of my time.

On term - I would separate them by my and the clients' goal. And yup, my goal is in there also.
Cheapest coverage (lowest mo premiums) or long term options (conversion options, ROP/RDPDUp). No, price is not always king, to me.

Term is, or was, inventory. To me. I wish I had written twice as much 20 year term 20 years ago and 10 yr term 10 years ago. Same with convertible child riders. Keeps me in the family. Today, being a frail old man, I don't really see using the inventory in my lifetime now.

Whole Life or 'Whole Life', are you asking about Whole Life Insurance or Guaranteed Permanent Coverage? Or "FE" or SIWlL?

Oh PS..

Go to term4sale.com and run some term quotes for your demographic. I use the paid version Compulife which also includes GUL. Some IMOs I believe have it available for free, such as Todd King. Or see if FEXQUOTES has a free trial. I do not know for sure, but looks like the Compulife chassis. And includes Final Expense carriers.

Get AmAm, SBLI, MoO, BL, CICA, Standard Life and RNA for FEX.

Get AmAm, MoO and Ameritas for Term.

Get Ameritas and MoO for IUL.

Get GW for GI.

Stick to FE to be honest, its easier to learn. If you branch out into full underwritten term it will slow you down. There is a reason why quit in the past, its possible you overwhelmed yourself with choices at the beginning. ALL Fe is easy underwriting except Transamerica:biggrin::biggrin:but you need mentoring to succeed in this field. Right mentor/trainer makes a big difference.

Get AmAm, SBLI, MoO, BL, CICA, Standard Life and RNA for FEX.

Get AmAm, MoO and Ameritas for Term.

Get Ameritas and MoO for IUL.

Get GW for GI.

"Get AmAm, MoO and Ameritas for Term."

Just curious, why those companies. The first two do not usually come up for me. Again, just curious if I am missing something.

Last edited:
Stick to FE to be honest, its easier to learn. If you branch out into full underwritten term it will slow you down. There is a reason why quit in the past, its possible you overwhelmed yourself with choices at the beginning. ALL Fe is easy underwriting except Transamerica:biggrin::biggrin:but you need mentoring to succeed in this field. Right mentor/trainer makes a big difference.
That's the plan

My mentor is this forum and reading lol. My FMO is primarily Medicare. But they do offer a few contracts. The ones I mentioned above. Theyre great for Medicare, and they want to do more with annuities and life but it's just not there for them yet. So I'm contracting and self teaching like always.

I did do a good number of term over the years for about a steady decade. But fell out. What overwhelmed me is the liars not buyers and setting up own parameds and chasing people to be at their appts when they were supposed to be. Oh and then doing all the work for a stinking charge back.... lol. I didn't have alot of carriers but was able to work with what I had. TA was one of those, they used to be ok with underwriting, not so much now ey?

MoO is probably for now the only other one I'll get. Where can I get the contract? is that a carrier that will do direct so I can grab a higher contract? I know I could call, but I like just asking you great guys.

That's the plan

My mentor is this forum and reading lol. My FMO is primarily Medicare. But they do offer a few contracts. The ones I mentioned above. Theyre great for Medicare, and they want to do more with annuities and life but it's just not there for them yet. So I'm contracting and self teaching like always.

I did do a good number of term over the years for about a steady decade. But fell out. What overwhelmed me is the liars not buyers and setting up own parameds and chasing people to be at their appts when they were supposed to be. Oh and then doing all the work for a stinking charge back.... lol. I didn't have alot of carriers but was able to work with what I had. TA was one of those, they used to be ok with underwriting, not so much now ey?

MoO is probably for now the only other one I'll get. Where can I get the contract? is that a carrier that will do direct so I can grab a higher contract? I know I could call, but I like just asking you great guys.
You should ALWAYS start your research at FexContracting.com
Commission levels are posted. The few companies that don’t have levels posted are also 120.
Going direct usually gets you lower, not higher commissions.

After 19 years I have some strong ideas on life carrier, both FE and term, but out of respect for whatever IMO you work with I am not offering those thoughts because your IMO will have their core carriers.

Further, here are my observations from reading here and having a delightful conversation with FEXContracting a few months ago...

~ If you want structure and accountability, use FEXContracting
~ If you want to do your own thing, use Todd King

There are a couple of other agencies that are highly regarded by this community, I just cannot recall their names right now.

Back