John Hancock doubles down on Vitality health and wellness platform

Like it or hate it, at the very least, this is generating some consumer awareness. I've seen lots of mainstream media coverage of it, including Washington Post piece yesterday:

Could a bold move by John Hancock upend the life insurance industry?

Yes, look at the thoughts of the 8 people aware of this. Unless the article has someone dying, is argumentative, political or about the Kardishians, consumers don't read this type of stuff. It is merely filler. If these comments on this Washington Post article are an indication, this is not going to bode well for Hancock.

Attachments

• Hancock.JPG
    Hancock.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 6
Like it or hate it, at the very least, this is generating some consumer awareness. I've seen lots of mainstream media coverage of it, including Washington Post piece yesterday:

Maybe, maybe not. Im just not personally a fan of it from any angle.

Major media articles are not going to sell insurance for JH unless they decide to start selling direct to consumers. When a consumer goes to an agent asking for a crappy policy, they usually get sold something more competitive.

So major media articles are most likely to sell policies for the carriers that are most competitive. A better use of resources, in my opinion, would be to market it to agents and convince them to sell it. But you need a competitive product to do that effectively.

Instead of something complicated with all these moving parts. How about streamlining UW? Their competitors are simplifying the UW process greatly. Making the product easier to understand with less complication. That is what consumers want in my experience.

Back