Just Curious, Online Sales

Bitnis

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Is anyone here or is anyone you know able to make sales online without interaction? I'm just wondering if anyone has figured it out for the people who refuse to or don't want to meet with an agent.

Is it even possible for someone to fill out an application on their own?

I wouldn't know. You do that?

If it is being done I would imagine it would only be certain companies that you can do that with. Yes, no?

Is anyone here or is anyone you know able to make sales online without interaction? I'm just wondering if anyone has figured it out for the people who refuse to or don't want to meet with an agent.

Is it even possible for someone to fill out an application on their own?

I fear the day when the INS company no longer needs an insurance agent to sell insurance. You will see more and more companies with tv ads and telling you that you can buy direct or making websites. I'm already seeing it with Car Ins.

It's not that difficult to know enough to be an educated consumer buying auto insurance online. It's not a decision you get too emotional about and it's pretty black & white. I've bought online before I was in insurance a few times. However, when I considered buying health insurance online I was overwhelmingly lost and confused. I wish an agent would have called me knowing what I know now I was getting practically robbed on my group plan for the wife & kids that the employer wasn't paying for.

It's not that difficult to know enough to be an educated consumer buying auto insurance online. It's not a decision you get too emotional about and it's pretty black & white.

I'm not so sure about that from an auto insurance perspective.

P&C folks can chime in, but I would guess that the majority of people are horrendously underinsured in "uninsured/underinsured motorist" - which protects THEM - even if they have adequate liability limits - that protect OTHERS.

I'm not a P&C guy and the last time I tried comparing what I had to what the other company was offering, it was confusing. And it's not like they do a fact finder to offer the correct amount of anything. They just give you the cheapest rate or let you figure it out on your own.

I thought Peeler was trying to tell me that I'm the only one NOT doing it. I find it hard to believe that with all the money insurance companies have that they haven't at least put together some websites where you can go through the whole process from fact finder to application interactively online.

Maybe there is too much liability there???

Back