Just found out have colon cancer while in supplement open enrollment

Thanks. Has nothing to do with his question but glad you had nothing better to do than to post this.

Rick
It does, however, have something to do with your response implying that a Medicare beneficiary will never have to deal with the Medigap carrier. My point is/was that there may be situations where it will, in fact, be necessary for a Medicare beneficiary to deal with the Medigap carrier in order to get a claim properly recorded and paid in the Medigap carrier's records.

It does, however, have something to do with your response implying that a Medicare beneficiary will never have to deal with the Medigap carrier. My point is/was that there may be situations where it will, in fact, be necessary for a Medicare beneficiary to deal with the Medigap carrier in order to get a claim properly recorded and paid in the Medigap carrier's records.

I might have a BIT more experience dealing with Medigap plans than you. And I have yet to have a client tell me there was an issue with a claim other than one where Medicare denied coverage.

Can it happen? Well, I'm sure but to suggest this is more than an extremely rare example is providing poor information to someone clearly concerned with his benefits.

Maybe you should find another hobby.

Rick

Well, it may be that your experience does not cover all the possibilities. I have a situation where my electronic Medicare account record does not match my file of paper Medicare MSNs or my Medigap carrier eobs and a Medicare representative told me multiple times that they could not send me paper documents to cause my paper file to match the electronic one and allow me to verify what he was telling me about my account, nor could they send corrected/revised claims information to the Medigap carrier.

So it is incorrect and inappropriate to leave someone with the impression that they may never have to deal directly with a Medigap carrier. It has happened to me in my very first year of Medigap coverage, upon direct instruction from a Medicare representative.

Well, it may be that your experience does not cover all the possibilities. I have a situation where my electronic Medicare account record does not match my file of paper Medicare MSNs or my Medigap carrier eobs and a Medicare representative told me multiple times that they could not send me paper documents to cause my paper file to match the electronic one and allow me to verify what he was telling me about my account, nor could they send corrected/revised claims information to the Medigap carrier.

So it is incorrect and inappropriate to leave someone with the impression that they may never have to deal directly with a Medigap carrier. It has happened to me in my very first year of Medigap coverage, upon direct instruction from a Medicare representative.

Isn’t this the ask the agent forum? I’m not sure why LD is responding here...

To the original post - a good local agent will help you either (a) find a new Plan N if you are concerned with rate hikes or (b) help you find a good Plan G.

And since Rick is licensed in Utah, I’m sure he could take care of you as well.

No one on here is going to recommend USAA for a supplement. Why? Because USAA doesn’t work with independent agents. Plain and simple.

The value of an independent agent outweighs many of the strengths of USAA. I say this as a USAA member, and an agent.

Isn’t this the ask the agent forum? I’m not sure why LD is responding here...

Although not eligible for VA services, I am a vietnam era veteran and a Medicare beneficiary and i know enough to know that op is/was not being given complete information upon which to make his decisions in a very difficult set of circumstances.

Although not eligible for VA services, I am a vietnam era veteran and a Medicare beneficiary and i know enough to know that op is/was not being given complete information upon which to make his decisions in a very difficult set of circumstances.

Nothing stated by agents, prior to your comments, was inaccurate or incomplete.

You really need to get lost. I normally just ignore you but it is ridiculous for you to be on a thread trying to give a consumer advice about insurance. You are not an agent so go play somewhere else...

Thanks again for the info.

I'm originally a Montana boy and have been planning to go back to a little place I have up there when I finally got around to retiring...I guess I've gotten around it.... :)

I know I can use original medicare and the supplement any place that takes medicare but if I change my state of residence from Utah do I have to get new policy in Montana when I get there ?

The rates seem a little better down here than up there so it might make sense to get the new/better policy in Utah sooner rather than later if I can keep it once I move.

Also if my open enrollment begins July 1st does it end January 1, 2019 or December 31, 2018?

do I have to get new policy in Montana when I get there?

The rates seem a little better down here than up there so it might make sense to get the new/better policy in Utah sooner rather than later if I can keep it once I move.

Also if my open enrollment begins July 1st does it end January 1, 2019 or December 31, 2018?

No - you won't need to get a new policy. A Med Supp policy is guaranteed renewable - so they can't cancel your policy or make you change plans even if you move out of the area where it was originally issued.

Open Enrollment is 6 months and begins the first day of July - so it ends at the end of Dec.

As far as rates go and changing states / areas, I've seen it make no difference, and I've seen a carrier change the rates to reflect the new area pricing. It's been years since I had someone move who asked me about this - so really, I don't know the answer.

That's something that the writing agent should find out for you - he/she should call the carrier and find out their process.

Back