• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

L&H Questions.

I work for a brokerage and am inclined to get licensed L&H. However, I know demographics and location are apart of the equation among other factors, but of all the products in regards of L&H which products at large are the better to get involved with first. Then which products should I follow suit with. I know this is a broad question, but any insight will be much appreciated.

Best,
Andrew

Learn one of two products inside and out and roll with them. This will give you confidence in those products and improve your close rate.

If you get in a situation you do not know how to handle get help from an experienced agent. Meeting people and having appointments with limited knowledge is better than being an expert at everything and not producing....

For agents involved in health. From my marketing experience I feel as though Med Supp you would be a product you would for certain want to be involved in, but I run into agents all the time who do health and don't want anything to do with med supp. why is that or is just more of a personal preference ordeal?

For agents involved in health. From my marketing experience I feel as though Med Supp you would be a product you would for certain want to be involved in, but I run into agents all the time who do health and don't want anything to do with med supp. why is that or is just more of a personal preference ordeal?

Probably because there's a bigger learning curve with Medicare products.

Cancer and Critical Illness plans sometimes have decent renewals. Plus they are easier to understand for a brand new agent. IMO.

Probably because there's a bigger learning curve with Medicare products.

That was true before healthcare reform came along, I would definatly start with Medicare before under 65 health in today's environment.

----------

I work for a brokerage and am inclined to get licensed L&H. However, I know demographics and location are apart of the equation among other factors, but of all the products in regards of L&H which products at large are the better to get involved with first. Then which products should I follow suit with. I know this is a broad question, but any insight will be much appreciated.

Best,
Andrew

You can go one of two routes. You can find someone successful at your agency to mentor you and mimic what he is doing, or become an expert at a product that your agency does not currently offer and cross sell current clients. I would talk to your manager and get some guidance there.

Back