• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Lasso MSA

Yup, I'm the only agent with a higher middle income average book.
You got me. I also have many low income clients, but that brings down the average.
I should probably fire them right?
Until you actually have clients, you will never get it.
Stop writing a book, and stop trolling my past comments.
You seem to be the only person on this forum that will search past posts to prove a point.
The market changes, and what I stated a year ago, may have changed.
In fact, before Obamacare, I couldn't sell to low income folks, they couldn't afford it.
Another fact you will never understand until you actually have a book, in a fluid market.
I stand by my bolded comments that you seem to have a fetish for.
I answer every referral call, and provide my advice without bias against the prospect.

Yup, I'm the only agent with a higher middle income average book.
You got me. I also have many low income clients, but that brings down the average.
I should probably fire them right?
Until you actually have clients, you will never get it.
Stop writing a book, and stop trolling my past comments.
You seem to be the only person on this forum that will search past posts to prove a point.
The market changes, and what I stated a year ago, may have changed.
In fact, before Obamacare, I couldn't sell to low income folks, they couldn't afford it.
Another fact you will never understand until you actually have a book, in a fluid market.
I stand by my bolded comments that you seem to have a fetish for.
I answer every referral call, and provide my advice without bias against the prospect.

The point is, I made a factual comment about the characteristics of the MSA plan in question. You cannot refute the comment so you are resorting to personal attack. Not only that, you are resorting to personal attack against principles which you apply in the operation of your own business.

While I am more on the securities side (an OSJ), have rep who also does lots of Medicare who told me about Lesso which I might be interested in offering my investment clients (I am of course also insurance licensed)

I would be interested to hear more about the details of the value you and your Medicare rep see in the Lasso product. As you can see, both my presence and comments tend to strike some sparks, so just be prepared for that if you respond further. If you medicare rep has a site membership, I would also be interested in a PM (conversation here).

I would be interested to hear more about the details of the value you and your Medicare rep see in the Lasso product.

I am evaluating myself and sharing the pros and cons with the rep. I have mostly modesty wealthy clients many in $1m-$3m range of investments. Many retired since I've been in business for about 40 years. Other than concerns about the banks' complaints, seems a good option for those with low expected medical costs and if not used the "free money" can carry over kind of like insurance for later life higher costs. I have quite a few clients in their 80's that are still in very good health.

I have been trying to look up the 100% fee-for-service Medicare levels but haven't found anything straightforward yet. CMS site goes by codes etc. I found a reference to a $100 cap on regular Dr visit but not sure of the date.

I also need to research the drug plans since never had to consider them separately since included in Advantage plans.

Many of my reps clients and mine are on Advantage Plans which has worked well since we have quite few options in Phoenix but we are both researching Lasso as a possible alternative for especially relatively healthy clients. I have had Allnet for a few years, as I am an old guy but never plan to retire. I've never become wealthy since I only recommend what I believe is best for my clients not what makes me the most money and have had a non business life also.

My amazement is how complex all these choices are vs a much simpler system. But that is what happens like with donut hole - when lawyers and politicians make the laws.

Sometimes I think the tax code is easier to understand than medical insurance. Long ago I was a tax supervisor at what use to be a Big 8 CPA firm Touche Ross- now part of Deloitte, After Touche McGladdery then my own tax practice (in Minneapolis). But moved into financial planning and investments when I got bored recording the past and wanted to help folks plan for the future. Then formed a small broker-dealer with about 100 reps in six states, moved to Phoenix and did an underwriting that was on the national news (Go-Video dual deck VCR competing with the big Japan makers in a fight over patents).

LD will be overwhelmed with that answer. May take him a day or two to research. He will be back with a tangent or two, an irrelavant question or 4, but not until after checking your past posts.

I wonder how if want to avoid the problems with Optima bank - the enrollment kit says:
"Once the plan deposits the funds into my MSA bank account, I may move it to an account offered through a financial institution of my choosing. If I move the funds, I understand tracking and reporting on the funds becomes my full responsibility." Hmm we use Pershing which is by far the largest clearing firm/financial institution for broker-dealers in the U.S.

Back