• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Lead Sources (Direct Mail)

If you've been able to stay in business writing MP at 65% with $27 leads you're doing better than most. You need to explore your options. Let me know if you need any help.

I'll second that. I was under the (mistaken) impression the leads were free, you were just having a a reduced commission. You should talk to Brad about what he can do for you. Unless the $27 leads are waiting with baited breath for you to come and sign them up, that's an awful lot to pay with a 65% contract. At that level the leads should be free.

I know several companies that would do mail outs for you at the cost of $.40 per piece.

You also get a chance to look at your replies on-line as they come back from the clients. Let me know if you need my sources.

I 2nd the idea about calling Brad Aden. He has some excellent contracts and can help you get your own lead program going.
You currently do NOT have a fair deal. Not even if you are in training.

I have been selling mostly Mortgage Protection but recently have been doing Final Expense. I like working the senior market and would like to do more Final Expense and Med Supp.

If you are want to work the seniors market I would also talk to Frank. That is his specialty.

I have been selling mostly Mortgage Protection but recently have been doing Final Expense. I like working the senior market and would like to do more Final Expense and Med Supp.

If you would like to talk about the Med Supp market give me a call. I've been doing it for over sixteen years and can give you some pointers on getting started. I also have excellent contracts for Med Supps.

Thanks everyone. I had no idea that my commissions were low. I started at a 55% contract and based on production I have been able to move up to 65%. The higher the commission level, the more leads cost. 80% is about the highest an agent can go unless they are writing over 50k a month in AP or have a team collectively writing that.

No, the clients are not waiting with baited breath (that would be nice). I do well with persistency and closing. But for every ten leads, I book appointments with 5 on average and close about 75% on the first appt.

I have emailed Frank and Brad. I really enjoy the senior market, the majority of my appointments and closes are with people 60 and over. I do not do well with younger couples. So I would love to focus on Final Expense,Med Supp, and Fixed Indexed Annuities.

...the majority of my appointments and closes are with people 60 and over. I do not do well with younger couples. So I would love to focus on Final Expense,Med Supp, and Fixed Indexed Annuities.

if i may ask, why is it that you do better with the older couples?

I had no idea that my commissions were low. I started at a 55% contract and based on production I have been able to move up to 65%. The higher the commission level, the more leads cost. 80% is about the highest an agent can go unless they are writing over 50k a month in AP or have a team collectively writing that.

Smells like NAA? :err:

Honestly, I ask myself the same question all of the time and I have no idea.
Seniors just seem to be a lot more responsive and open to me.
Maybe its my own energy that I am projecting in the home that makes a difference.

Jennifer Bledsoe
Main Street Power Mail Inc.
P. 866-540-6797 Ext. 118

This is who I use for direct mail.

Back