Let's Talk Cold Calling

By approaches, do you mean face to face or via the telephone? I find face to face yields about 1 appt for every 10 approaches, but that's with a demand product like health insurance.

By approaches, do you mean face to face or via the telephone? I find face to face yields about 1 appt for every 10 approaches, but that's with a demand product like health insurance.

They go by actual contact with a client, either by phone or by face to face. As long as you TALK to a person, that is a contact.

If any of you can get 10 appts. after talking with 40 people per hour I will pay you $50 an hour and you can work as many hours as you want ;)

Actually, it is 40 approaches/contacts, 10 appts, 3 sales, 5 referrals. And NO, it don't work like that!

Thats how it was when I worked there. And let me tell you, I was a top company producer and my manager was more worried what, where, and who I was doing than the agents in the office turning in Goose Eggs on Friday at the meeting. However I never had problems setting appointments. When people ask me what I do I don't tell them "I sell Insurance"...I tell them that I sell money. I sell hopes and dreams...I help business owners keep save some of their money on taxes...That gets them interested and now they want to hear how...So they set an appointment. I would run about 12-15 appts a week when I was there, you just have to if you wanna make great money. Now I do about 15-20 large cases a year and fill in with the Middle Class to get me from day to day. Man how things have really changed from my days on an account. I don't regret it, gave me alot of experience. And if you aren't leaving a business card on the table at the restaruant, in the drive up tube at the bank, hell leave on on the counter in the bathroom, then what are you doing. This is the best thing to do. Do it and see how many calls you get. Just my $.02..

The best referrals are the ones you don't ask for. I never get them when I ask. I always tell them if they no anyone else that I can help to have them call me.

Those are what I consider referrals also. I never ask a client for a list of names to contact, especially a new client.

Every correspondence I send to clients has the following at the bottom of the letter, "If you know any one else who I can help with their insurance I would appreciate you giving them my phone number."

My clients get at least three letters a year from me. Just that one sentence generates a lot of referrals which are usually easily converted to sales.

I used to knock on doors in the projects until this day........ I walked up on theis kinda raggedy house, I was a bit nervous. Well a nice lookin lady answered the door, she was prolly 55. We sat at the table, I did my presentation, and she decided to buy because I could save her $200 or so a month. I started filing out the app and got to the sex question. She winked and said " well I have a male part but I am tranforming to a woman". WOW was I shocked. Well anyway, I had to give her the male rate, which was $40 higher. This SHEMAN or whatever picked up my book and through it at my head and started swingin full force at me. I pushed her/him down and ran for the door, ( I was leaving my book behind) all of the sudden she starts pullin on my leg.......kinda like I'm pullin on yours now....haha

:D Now that was funny! I don't care who you are lmao!

Back