Let's talk health quote engines

G

I'd like to know what quote engines people are using and what they think of them. The only ones I know of are:

QuoteIT ($)
Norvax ($)
Zapquote ($ or demo)
Word & Brown (free/register)
Rogers Benefits (free/register)
BenefitMall (free/register)
eHealthInsurance (free)

I use Rogers Benefits most often and I like it, especially for group (They have IFP too). Rogers does not put in a lot of graphics like zap does so their PDF files are smaller. BM is also good but only has group in CA. Their site can get very slow. Zapquote is also good, but I find it somewhat confusing to use for group. Nice for IFP... although they load up with color logos and the files are larger.

Most of these engines (Rogers, for sure) will store the file on their server and just send a link to the client... which is good, but I like to attach the quote PDF to the email I send them instead. (I also pop a copy of the PDF into my SurgarCRM database so I can easily find it when I call client back. (No, storage is not an issue... I have a 160 GB server. I could have 10,000 1MB PDF files... and it would just be 10GB! Most of my PDF files (from Rogers) are only 300K each.))

What are you guys using and why?

Al

Zapquotes is California only and terrific for IFP. I can access them via the internet on my PDA.

I use them to get an idea of what a group quote might look like and then go to Word and Brown.

I pay a fee for Zapquotes because to use the demo for too long without paying would be dishonest. The owner of Zapquotes is a terrific guy.

Rick

I don't use a quote engine. I have a "Get A Health Quote" on my website. I take that information, and e-mail it to several of my client companies (Kaiser,Assurant, BCBSGA, Celtic, etc.), and get a quote back.

I review which two are the best, and email those to the client, then follow up with a call to discuss the pros and cons of each.

Too much information confuses most people, and causes them to look for the lowest number. Telling them you are sending an individual quote from the top two condenters makes them look at the benefits more.

JMTCW

:GEEK:

There is only ONE realistic choice for quote engine and that is Norvax.

Norvax also has some major changes coming 9/1 and 9/15 I previewed with their management last week.

Norvax in my opinion is the best choice because:

-National coverage, most carriers represented
-Autoresponder option (includes quotes)
-Quotes automatically sent
-Control what plans you display in the back end settings

Norvax pricing is VERY FAIR and if you are a UNITED SELECT PRODUCER you can get most of this stuff for no or little cost these days.

Quotit is a close second but outside of CA, they tend to lose their glitter.

Are any of the quote engines good for life insurance?

I put together my own quote engine for health insurance that is to a large degree modeled on the one by Norvax. That was very time consuming. I'd like to use somebody else's quote engine until I determine that I can make enough life sales to justify the time expenditure.

Norvax pricing is VERY FAIR and if you are a UNITED SELECT PRODUCER you can get most of this stuff for no or little cost these days.

Others I've spoken to who use Norvax love the service.

It would be great if we could get a discount from Norvax for being a member of this forum!

Al

My preference is for Quotit. Always liked them before I signed on for Norvax and love them even more now.

Quotit understands the meaning of customer service.

Here is a life quote engine.

They have tried to make a sponsorship deal with me, but it seems like any discount they would muster up is no lower than what you can get if you are decent at negotiating and bargaining.
I said no, but you could always tell them that you heard on the forum that you can negotiate the price and contract length and they will probably have no choice but to give it to you. Delphin and Jeremiah are good guys and they will do what they can to help with the price.

The thing to always remember when purchasing software is that their actual cost of you using the product is next to nothing. (Arguing on the initial call will disprove this)

I don't really run individual quotes, but for group, I use Health Connect.

There is only ONE realistic choice for quote engine and that is Norvax.
NOPE!!!

Norvax also has some major changes coming 9/1 and 9/15 I previewed with their management last week.
If it's not drastic then it's not worth it!

Norvax in my opinion is the best choice because:

-National coverage, most carriers represented
Quotit has the same option here in CO at least!
-Autoresponder option (includes quotes)
Their autoresponder is a joke and a waste of money!! You get blacklisted immediately with most servers.
-Quotes automatically sent
I would hope so!
-Control what plans you display in the back end settings
Good luck trying to understand what plans to include when they list ALL the plans from each carrier NATIONWIDE!! Very frustrating and annoying!

Make sure you read the fine print though!!

At leaset Quotit has glitter! I got a call from someone asking me which I like better, Norvax or Quotit...I said Quotit by FAR!! He asked my which plan I used to use when I had Norvax as a quote engine, the silver, bronze or gold...I told him that this question is a joke! Any company I pay that much money to each month BETTER INCLUDE SUPPORT FREE WITHOUT CHARGING ME!!

The only time I ever got a response back from Norvax was when I tried to cancel their service!!! VERY NICE!! I'm still laughing!!

Others I've spoken to who use Norvax love the service.

It would be great if we could get a discount from Norvax for being a member of this forum!

Al

Love the service? The service that ALL companies will offer in regards to quoting. I'm pretty sure you don't mean CUSTOMER service!! It's gone once they hook you!!

Back