Let's talk health quote engines

Since we are talking health quote engines, can the experienced health agents tell me what the benefits are to having one?

It would seem:

1. You loose control of the prospect.
2. The prospect becomes confused, and might continue shopping until someone "unconfuses" them.
3. Your spending some serious $$ per month for the system.

Or is it more that it adds credibility and is a selling tool that you can view the various plans with the prospect at the same time?

1) Actually, I have control. When I lose control is when they don't see something they like and go elsewhere. With my quote engine I save time over manually producing quotes, spreadsheets, etc. I can enter client data and get a quote out on about 200 plans in under 2 minutes.

2) The quote engine is a tool, not a closing machine. I get 1 - 2 sales per year from folks I never talk to. These are people who do not want to talk to an agent at any cost. Someone has to get them, might as well be me. At $300 commission and 2 sales that is enough to just about cover my monthly nut on the quote engine.

3) I don't consider less than $3 a day to be serious money. It is an investment with a tremendous ROI.

If you're using shared leads I think a quoting tool is almost necessary. Every competitor (barring Mega) is using the quoting tools and it gives the client exactly what they were looking for - comparative quotes. A good agent will always be able to build a relationship and go over the correct rates after qualification. For exclusive leads it's more a a toy. An unnecessary toy, but a cool toy.

I didn't feel like starting a new thread, so I thought I would save space and use this one.

Norvax users: Are you happy with Norvax? What are some of the things you like? Dislike? Just curious.

Anybody recently change to Norvax? Leave Norvax?

I have been with Norvax for a while and I'm wondering how others feel about the product.

I am...okay with Norvax. Been using them for two or three months I guess. They're decent enough, but I don't like that you can't quote standard rates through the Broker Office backend.

I thought under the new change (Beta), you can increase the rates (by %). Not the same as quoting standard, but helpful for Aetna smokers when Norvax shows rates 25% under the correct rate. Of course, I think that Aetna is dropping the ball on this one.

I thought under the new change (Beta), you can increase the rates (by %). Not the same as quoting standard, but helpful for Aetna smokers when Norvax shows rates 25% under the correct rate. Of course, I think that Aetna is dropping the ball on this one.

You can, but there's no way a client can show standard rates on their end when they hit my website. Sorry, poorly worded.

Back