Liberty National Life Insurance

As for your first question... I really can't answer do to being so new in the business. But from what I've seen and heard, other companies are paying more but it seems that the real way to go is independent. Lots of the products are very comparable so due diligence will pay off if you're looking for the best solution for your clients as you should being an insurance professional.

I also paid for my exam and everything else. When first starting out, I was being led by a recruiter at NY Life who pointed me in the right direction. I got my finger printing done at the same place that I took my exam.

It sounds like you're on the right track. I'm in FL so everything was pretty much done at one location with the exception of my pre-licensing exam which was done on site at a NY Life location. I hope this helps.

[quote=mmAUSTIN;220395]DaBatman, thanks.
Isnt 50% commssion more than anywhere else? My issue right now. I want to sell for a company that truley has very benifical polices for my clients. With that I have heard and am trying to investigate in the next three days about who I beleive to be the best. I am using my family and friends situation as my control or level.

Who has the best polices for people that have diabetes,cancer and that are living outside the country (thialand, brazil and mexico)

Also a big question Dabatman, I can afford to pay for the coarse and exam, how do I get my own background check done... basiaclly I figure I want to get my license my self and interview brokers and agents to find a stable work place. Do your think this is a viable route?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dabatman, you said after your first day of training. Did they make you sign a non-compete before training? I have contacted Heath Choice One about becoming an agent and the particular policies i want to know about...
I really just wanted to jump in and get some experience and then move one to another company... Do you think Lib Nat would be viable for that... Im concerned about non compete issues[/quote]

Lib-Nats Non-Compete states that you cant rewrite business that you have sold threw LIb-Nat for 1 year..you can leave them and go elseware...I started my Career with United American/ Libnat..I wouldnt recommend it to someone else..Look at Mutual of Omaha career side, if you go to there website there is a foarm you can fill out..I have heard good things about them..,

Last edited:
I worked for the company from February of 2009 through August of 2009. I left with almost a grand in my commission account. The company keeps that money for 13 weeks to make sure no business falls off. Magically 1,300 fell off and after they applied my bond account (money they reserve to "bond" you. A fancy way of saying you can accept money from a client) I still owe them about 40 bucks. I know for a fact that what happened was they let it lapse and then took a new agent out to re-write the business.

The company was pretty decent from what I understand until Andy King took it over.:mad:

I did 4 yrs with LNL back in the mid 90's and don't recommend them to anyone now to start. It used to be a good place to start and learn and get trained to survive, but no more.

Also, MM, posted above... if you are in Alabama, fingerprinting is not required here, that is a Florida thing, so if you are just Alabama you don't have to do that... just get in a prelicensing school if you can for a few days, take and pass the exam and your done with that...

I have a very close friend that works with Liberty Mutual. They are a phenominal company. Great base, great commissions, great training, and overall an amazing, very affordable product. I have my life ins through them.

[quote=Dynamic;224095]I have a very close friend that works with Liberty Mutual. They are a phenominal company. Great base, great commissions, great training, and overall an amazing, very affordable product. I have my life ins through them.[/quote]

They dont pay a base they pay a draw to unit managers. $500 per week..it comes out of future commissions..

The commissions are @50% thats half of street.

And for a fully underwritten product here in ohio they cost more than easy issue products from other companies.

Something you might want to consider...

NYL is concerned about your past debts and collection attempts. They want to see some action on your part to resolve the matter. NYL is a very reputable, well established company in the insurance industry.

Now, here stands Liberty National ready to bring you on, they don't even care about your past credit. Doesn't that set off some warning bells in your head? Have they offered or told you about a manager's position yet?

The reason NYL and most companies care about credit, is that it can be indicative of future problems. People with bad credit are more likely to commit fraud or other monetary crimes. Insurance is a field rife with opportunities to steal. Also, if you haven't paid your past lenders, they are afraid you won't pay back any advances you might owe. Yet, Liberty National doesn't seem to care. Do you hear any alarms yet?

I have an objection to that. For I have bad credit that is because of my student loans. And I don't think it is fair for any business to judge you by your credit. Besides isn't that why you're there anyway, --for work to pay off your debt? All jobs are doing this now, and it doesn't matter what industry you are in. How is one suppose to get ahead or even keep up with everything based off of your credit. And I think that they are all wrong by judging a person this way. Kick an American that is already down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an objection to that. For I have bad credit that is because of my student loans. And I don't think it is fair for any business to judge you by your credit. Besides isn't that why you're there anyway, --for work to pay off your debt? All jobs are doing this now, and it doesn't matter what industry you are in. How is one suppose to get ahead or even keep up with everything based off of your credit. And I think that they are all wrong by judging a person this way. Kick an American that is already down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Say whatever you want, credit matters. If nothing else, having bad credit can be a distraction as your creditors are calling you and your boss. How you got there isn't always the concern. But no one wants calls from creditors particularly your manager when he doesn't owe the money. Trust me, I still have companies trying to call me because past employees gave out my personal number.

Say whatever you want, credit matters. If nothing else, having bad credit can be a distraction as your creditors are calling you and your boss. How you got there isn't always the concern. But no one wants calls from creditors particularly your manager when he doesn't owe the money. Trust me, I still have companies trying to call me because past employees gave out my personal number.

I guess your fault for letting those employees use your name and phone number for a reference. You're going to actually to tell me that you have never had to struggle in your life at all? I don't believe that. What got me in the hole, is like I said student loans, and my daughter has autism so paying for her therapy five days a week puts a damper on your checkbook!

Back