• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

" Life" After the "duck"

DJPowers87 said:
Yea, I have the same ole aflac story...promised 100k, became a coordinator made 1/10 of that ha.

I did develop tough skin and don't mind cold calling.

I worked with AFLAC 10 years. First 2 years full time then sold med supp and life. Got my 10 year stock and said good by. AFLAC has the greediest crew of mgrs I have ever seen. Now have 23 years in business. Still write life and med supp. AFLAC is worse now I hear. You are telling not selling

Haha, I am going the indy route and hopefully will start to see a pay off from my hard work. Only downfall is that damn non-compete in my aflac contract. Rules out my current book of business for any growth.

I never signed a non-compete with them. I feel for you.

DJPowers87 said:
I was wondering how many agents after leaving the "duck" went on to have great careers. Whether it was Indy or captive.

What did you gain from being with Aflac or things you feel held you back?

AFLAC is good for initial training but most everyone who will work hard can make it sell med supp and build renewals. Sell life insurance and get good up front money. The duck will live on and continue to use agents to get payroll business and the district and region mgrs will make the money

Haha, I am going the indy route and hopefully will start to see a pay off from my hard work. Only downfall is that damn non-compete in my aflac contract. Rules out my current book of business for any growth.

Non competes aren't forever... Just wait it out. Most are for 2 yrs. If your contract states forever, that is probably unenforceable. See an attorney in a couple years. It will only run you a couple hundred bucks, well worth it...

Back