• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

" Life" After the "duck"

You know it, tired of counting my stacks of cash.

I have to figure... if nothing else it teaches you to work hard. I mean, if you can be even remotely successful at selling that crap, indy p&c should make you cry with joy lol.

Haha, I am going the indy route and hopefully will start to see a pay off from my hard work. Only downfall is that damn non-compete in my aflac contract. Rules out my current book of business for any growth.

Haha, I am going the indy route and hopefully will start to see a pay off from my hard work. Only downfall is that damn non-compete in my aflac contract. Rules out my current book of business for any growth.

Ya this is kind of crappy : / what state are you in?

The good ole state of Michigan. Ill just start a new separate book of business.

I worked Aflac in MI for about 3months, I did some orphan groups and mainly service on existing. It was nearly impossible to get new groups since the market was so saturated in the area. After running out of people to call and groups to service, it got to be a drag quickly.

Even the managers sold Health Insurance and life insurance on the side (through different carriers).

The duck didn't have much quack left in it when I was there:no:

I got my start in the business with the duck back in 2004. I"m still in the industry, just not with them. I felt like they were a bit too "Amway" for me.
I recently sold a few med supps through them and they are a pain to deal with, so probably not going to be selling too many more.

Yea, I have the same ole aflac story...promised 100k, became a coordinator made 1/10 of that ha.

I did develop tough skin and don't mind cold calling.

Back