LifeLock

I wasn't trying to start a pissing contest. The LifeLock deal has no volume commitment or fees. You sell as many or as few as you'd like. They described it to me as "extremely passive." I'm not looking to pay my bills if it's LifeLock or LegalShield with it. I thought it might be a nice retention piece. The more lines the better, right? Plus, it's a way for my reps to make an extra $30-$50. If someone asks if we have an identity protection piece, we'll tell them about it. I'm not calling my customers to pitch it though. LegalShield sounds a little more involved and even if it's not accurate today, the name still makes it feel like Amway to me.

I wasn't trying to start a pissing contest. The LifeLock deal has no volume commitment or fees. You sell as many or as few as you'd like. They described it to me as "extremely passive." I'm not looking to pay my bills if it's LifeLock or LegalShield with it. I thought it might be a nice retention piece. The more lines the better, right? Plus, it's a way for my reps to make an extra $30-$50. If someone asks if we have an identity protection piece, we'll tell them about it. I'm not calling my customers to pitch it though. LegalShield sounds a little more involved and even if it's not accurate today, the name still makes it feel like Amway to me.

You got it. Amway is legal shield...everytime they bring it up it comes with a caveat...recruit, recruit, recruit. IMO, I'd probably just stay away from it. Liberty mutual offers a fraud protection through their captive agents, it's a tack on to the HO policy. I don't know if it is offered via independents, ask insurancebear

There's not really a lot involved. No production required. You basically send a client the video I posted and let them choose what they want.

----------

You got it. Amway is legal shield...everytime they bring it up it comes with a caveat...recruit, recruit, recruit. IMO, I'd probably just stay away from it. Liberty mutual offers a fraud protection through their captive agents, it's a tack on to the HO policy. I don't know if it is offered via independents, ask insurancebear

No recruiting necessary. I never said anything about recruiting. If an agent wants offer it,great. If not, great.

Sales people sell and recruiters recruit. If LegalShild is a consideration I suggest people should consider both the fee and no fee options. Another consideration Is plans can be marketed in the U.S and provinces of Canada. For some states a license may be required to market LS membership but the IDT plans do not have any licensing requirements.

Currently there has been some changes to the Legal Plan memberships for most states and there has also been an announcement of changes to the small business plans. So forget what you heard.

"Point being this is a bunch of marketer crap."

What the ...?

What isn't about MARKETING.....I'm SHOCKED that a person that SELLS for a living
and YES, friend that's what we do Sales and Marketing...would be so shortsighted.
If you had a bad date, do you give up p*ssy, too?
Are you kidding, me?

Plumbers, market
Doctors, market
Flu shots have to be marketed
Cancer treatment and awareness are marketed

You have a PROBLEM w/ MARKETING?

Insurance companies/agents ALL MARKET

They send
JUNK MAIL,
make cold calls,
send spam-like email,

WE call insurance fancy names like
'FINAL EXPENSE' and Mortgage Protection vs
just saying plain old INSURANCE b/c ultimately that's what the eff it is, just plain ole insurance but for MARKETING purposes....dumb MISLEADING words like
Mortgage Protection are used among other CRAP to MARKET products, pal ..that what WE do for a living, maybe you're an underwriter but PRODUCER, market.

And there are several methods and channels that have NOTHING to do with the quality of the product offered.

You have a PROBLEM selling the risk management services of a Billion dollar company has been doing this ish since 1972 ...to many times ppl in general lose sight of the forest b/c the trees.

A guy may HATE that damn Duck but does that really have much to do with the quality of AFLAC's PRODUCT?

Geico uses a effing gecko and a-holes dressed like Cavemen....SO WHAT doesn't mean they won't pay a effing claim.?

The company has a division you don't like, so that automatically means it's BETTER to sale some B.S. 'fraud protection' plan that an insurance company threw together (I seen those to a few of my companies 'give' that crap away b/c it is crap) but to make a judgement on today's offerings b/c of my experience one may have had 35 years ago is very shortsighted has to what the product offerings are today.

Hyundai's of today aren't the same car as 'the crap' they made the 80's....I'd take issue with an advisor using a 1982 soapbox to make his professional point regarding 2014 reality.

Sale it don't sale it I don't give a ish but to bad mouth a company's PRODUCT with no knowledge based upon 30 y.o. 'marketing' efforts...REALLY?

Should we take a look at Geico's marketing from the 80's and 'know' what products they sale today or what alliances they made or which acquisitions they've made....

I doubt Procter & Gamble guys have to love everything but the Iams dog and cat food division to promote or agree that Tide is the ish....two different divisions...the MLM side does their thing nothing to do with the quality of the product I offer......just dog foiod has nothing to do with laundry soap, except that a big company has divisions, big deal.

----------

Point being this is a bunch of marketer crap. The legal shield of the 80's may have grown up into a bigger pile of crap...I'll give you that.

Sales people sell and recruiters recruit. If LegalShild is a consideration I suggest people should consider both the fee and no fee options. Another consideration Is plans can be marketed in the U.S and provinces of Canada. For some states a license may be required to market LS membership but the IDT plans do not have any licensing requirements.

Currently there has been some changes to the Legal Plan memberships for most states and there has also been an announcement of changes to the small business plans. So forget what you heard.

As an agent WHY would one 'consider' the fee option, when as mention there are no production requirements, no purchase requirements, nothing to pay or maintain w/ the no fee option and you start further up the food chain and can opt out of all MLM activities and just have this product as a 'product' just like any other in your bag?

Identity Theft is a EASY door opener that doesn't have to be sold and folks are buying it anyway and once the discussion of PROTECTION is open...well isn't that the biz we're in?

Think about ppl are concerned about their I.D. mostly with regard to FINANCIAL concerns ...duh....I say "Hey McFly if a guy has 'concern' about his financial identity maybe, just maybe we ASK him a few questions about I dunno his 'financials' I mean we do kinda have a 'few' asset protection offerings as insurance agents, correct?

Seniors are freaking out over I.D. theft, especially w/ the whole Medicare # being their SS# and all...with their info being databased EVERYWHERE and them being among the least internet savvy...final exp guys could add another line w/ no u/w and zero service....too easy.

"Point being this is a bunch of marketer crap."

What the ...?

What isn't about MARKETING.....I'm SHOCKED that a person that SELLS for a living
and YES, friend that's what we do Sales and Marketing...would be so shortsighted.
If you had a bad date, do you give up p*ssy, too?
Are you kidding, me?

Plumbers, market
Doctors, market
Flu shots have to be marketed
Cancer treatment and awareness are marketed

You have a PROBLEM w/ MARKETING?

Insurance companies/agents ALL MARKET

They send
JUNK MAIL,
make cold calls,
send spam-like email,

WE call insurance fancy names like
'FINAL EXPENSE' and Mortgage Protection vs
just saying plain old INSURANCE b/c ultimately that's what the eff it is, just plain ole insurance but for MARKETING purposes....dumb MISLEADING words like
Mortgage Protection are used among other CRAP to MARKET products, pal ..that what WE do for a living, maybe you're an underwriter but PRODUCER, market.

And there are several methods and channels that have NOTHING to do with the quality of the product offered.

You have a PROBLEM selling the risk management services of a Billion dollar company has been doing this ish since 1972 ...to many times ppl in general lose sight of the forest b/c the trees.

A guy may HATE that damn Duck but does that really have much to do with the quality of AFLAC's PRODUCT?

Geico uses a effing gecko and a-holes dressed like Cavemen....SO WHAT doesn't mean they won't pay a effing claim.?

The company has a division you don't like, so that automatically means it's BETTER to sale some B.S. 'fraud protection' plan that an insurance company threw together (I seen those to a few of my companies 'give' that crap away b/c it is crap) but to make a judgement on today's offerings b/c of my experience one may have had 35 years ago is very shortsighted has to what the product offerings are today.

Hyundai's of today aren't the same car as 'the crap' they made the 80's....I'd take issue with an advisor using a 1982 soapbox to make his professional point regarding 2014 reality.

Sale it don't sale it I don't give a ish but to bad mouth a company's PRODUCT with no knowledge based upon 30 y.o. 'marketing' efforts...REALLY?

Should we take a look at Geico's marketing from the 80's and 'know' what products they sale today or what alliances they made or which acquisitions they've made....

I doubt Procter & Gamble guys have to love everything but the Iams dog and cat food division to promote or agree that Tide is the ish....two different divisions...the MLM side does their thing nothing to do with the quality of the product I offer......just dog foiod has nothing to do with laundry soap, except that a big company has divisions, big deal.

Some people get it..you obviously do not. Good job reiterating my point. You're a recruiter, that's what I meant by marketer and yes...I think your product is crap and your post shows that.

I also know plenty about Legal shield...thanks though

I apologize to the OP. For those of you that are interested a first class ID Theft product to their clients, let me know and will send you more information.

I to apologize t the OP that this thing went off the rails....

As for Gooner....I LOVE for you to SHOW where I attempted to RECRUIT....ANYBODY!

You obviously don't follow English very well, I simply said don't judge an IDENTITY THEFT product provided by a VENDOR that you don't know just b/c a company one know of markets it.

How that makes me a 'recruiter' is beyond logic, of which you aren't using much, right now, friend.

No offense but that h/s girl attitude is EXACTLY why I don't recruit agents in general for ANYTHING....too many cry babies.

I come from the school of thought where a MAN, doesn't talk out of his as, especially when speaking of another grown as man.....when you refer to a person as something (a recruiter) either know what the eff you speak of, ASK or shut the eff...if not you give folks the ability to call you a effing LIAR.

I have not recruited ONE agent for L/S, just b/c a person has KNOWLEDGE doesn't make them a recruiter but again shortsighted ppl are well shortsighted, and like most mouth 1st, head maybe never folks you're wrong AGAIN.

And how is ONE of many products I 'CAN' sale all of a sudden MY PRODUCT...what a DUMB thing to say.

I'm a LICENSED/APPOINTED 'AGENT' with many companies known of them are actually MY products, smart guy. I don't OWN L/S anymore than I do BCBS or ANICO we agents generally 'MARKET' products OWNED by companies doesn't mean we OWN them or their products, ya see the great thing is I can choose, as can you assuming you're not captive, anything I fill comfortable with, after I make an informed decision about what I want to sale and be associated with.

Just b/c I'm comfortable with one product over another makes me a recruiter....by what insane standard is that, there seem to be 2 guys on here that don't mind the freaking hassle of dealing w/ other agents, as part of their sales team......you've NOT seen me request anybody to sign up 'UNDER' me, period. Why would I INVITE more dumb conversations and the extra work pushing dead weight uphill (truth be told 'most' agents/sales ppl are NOT worth my time.

If you check my post I share info/ideas here for INFORMATIONAL purposes and as a way to shoot the chit, from time to time over the last 5 years nowhere will you find that I've tried recruit or add a rep of any kind on this forum....$500 bucks says you can't find the post that makes me be liar....

Hey OP Google Kroll's wikipedia for facts vs using uninformed mouth runners 'feelings' best of luck

----------

I apologize to the forum in general but when folks make sweeping generalizations w/ no current valid information or bases in fact, it burns the crap outta me.

When somebody attacks my character and infers that I as an INDEPENDENT AGENT 'free' to sale 'anything' I choose would sale 'crap' just b/c...... better darn well be able to prove such a slur is TRUE.

Not liking a company's marketing' methods is very different from accusing ME of selling a sub-par product. Especially, when the claim can not be substantiated....
again we were speaking of IDENTITY THEFT product offerings, provide by Kroll, sold thru a marketing agreement w/ L/S.

I take offense when a person 'claims' that I've skipped my due diligence in providing p/s to my clients, of the available products on the market.
So, I'd like to know which product is SO GREAT, rendering Kroll to be defined as 'crap'.
B/c if it's so clear I'll add this mystery offering to my lineup, that is unless as I suspect it's just mouth running by a blowhard, then that's ok.

Again, my apologizes, it's easy to see why I mostly read and rarely comment on this forum.

Gemini the reason people should consider fee verse no fee is compensation such as levels of compensation and trips, bonuses and other incentives. Some may want advance commissions verse as earned. Consider the compensation at the Platinum position. A agent can allow a spouse or even one of their children (over 18) to build with LegalShield and build a potential nationwide business in the U.S. and Provinces of Canada which that business can be passed down.

Yes I know you may say someone age 18 can't or won't do it but they can be mentored directly by the parent or the person they sign up with. So why pay the $99 fee verse the no fee? Fast start qualify and it isn't a issue. Check compensation schedules. Potential incentives and bonuses and compensation spreads.

If people have a problem with the MLM part then so be it. Not all things are for all people and for all the times I have made post about LegalShield only a few have asked me for a sample copy of a membership contract or other information. Most contacts are to verify what information they have been given by another associate.

I just took a look at the New commission schedules for the new small business plans and they look very impressive especially the 100 plan. LifeLock is one product. With LS a person has many other options.

I will say this. Anyone who may have tried the insurance industry and left or are considering leaving should take a look at LegalShield. The small business division to me is a game changer with the new commission schedules.

I think the LS difference to where people should get off the MLM thing is a pure salesperson does have the opportunity to make a living just from pure sales of memberships. Think about it just for a second. LegalShield offers the ability to build a book of business and pass it along for generations if that's a desire.

Currently LS has been in business over 40 years and seem to be going strong. So for those who want to rep LifeLike go right ahead. The LifeLock service just may be a good fit for you.

3.7 Million Americans Use Legal Self-Help Centers: ABA Report | The National Law Review

Great points, Corneluis
I agree w/ you 100% but I'm not getting fee/no fee thing.

From my understanding a broker qual'd associate can indeed take part in the 'trips, bonuses and other incentives' they just start higher on the scale and depending on how their contract is written will or won't be included in the networking communications.
There is also just a flat or level commish contract, where there are sliding scales, it that what you mean? otherwise PM me to make sure we're speaking on the same page...I had to take another course to be qual'd to offer the other options so maybe some of the ops seem different.

But I agree that L/S is a great op for a 'kid' maybe not wanting to go full boat into insurance building a book or anybody els that doesn't want the weight of building an insurance book but wants to build a book of some sort.

I've a kid heading quickly towards 18 and I can't think of a better kill-time-work-while-in-school-gig that can pay 'em now and later w/ minimal info to learn w/ a product ANYBODY will at least have a convo about....I've told him it'll beat working at the mall or Burger King thru college that's for sure....

Back