LifeSecure Group LTC

The problem is that when it comes to disparaging (for no reason) it is either Jack or the minions. Opinions don't have much of a diversity - being independent agent = good, LTCFP = bad, we don't mention others by name. That's pretty much the picture one can construct after reading this forum and dare you not disagree with Jack.... bc you don't know Jack, even if you know Jack...

Jack and I disagree on plenty. We just do it in a respectful & professional manner.

the reason most of us think that ltcfp (acsia) is/was bad is because of the agents that we've come in contact with.

i had one of their top producers try to tell one of my clients that mass mutual doesn't sell ltc insurance. this guy's been selling LTCi for over 15 years. Of course he knows that mass mutual sells ltci. but he can't offer it so he has to lie about it.

another one told one of my clients that the benefit builder with john hancock would grow the daily benefit each year by the same percentage that john hancock earned on their general account investments each year.

i can't tell you how many times they say that lifesecure has the same financial ratings as bc/bs of michigan. that's a total lie.

the beauty of the internet is that it is easy to prove when someone is lying. And since it's so easy to find out if someone is lying then hopefully liars will realize what we've all know for years: telling the truth is not only right, it's also the best way to succeed in life.

the reason most of us think that ltcfp (acsia) is/was bad is because of the agents that we've come in contact with.

i had one of their top producers try to tell one of my clients that mass mutual doesn't sell ltc insurance. this guy's been selling LTCi for over 15 years. Of course he knows that mass mutual sells ltci. but he can't offer it so he has to lie about it.

another one told one of my clients that the benefit builder with john hancock would grow the daily benefit each year by the same percentage that john hancock earned on their general account investments each year.

i can't tell you how many times they say that lifesecure has the same financial ratings as bc/bs of michigan. that's a total lie.

the beauty of the internet is that it is easy to prove when someone is lying. And since it's so easy to find out if someone is lying then hopefully liars will realize what we've all know for years: telling the truth is not only right, it's also the best way to succeed in life.

I had an LTCFP agent tell a consumer that Northwestern, Mass, and NYL are not "leading" ltc insurance companies which is why LTCFP does not offer them.

I had an LTCFP agent tell a consumer that Northwestern, Mass, and NYL are not "leading" ltc insurance companies which is why LTCFP does not offer them.

there are only 2 logical conclusions:

1) that person who said that is ignorant.

or

2) that person is lying.

Since I choose to believe the best about people, that means that agent is ignorant.

Maybe they just repeated what management told them?

then management is either lying or ignorant.

but if management is lying or ignorant, there's still no excuse for the agent to blindly believe everything that management says.

then management is either lying or ignorant.

but if management is lying or ignorant, there's still no excuse for the agent to blindly believe everything that management says.

Who knows.

A consumer asked me to comment on an email from a northwestern agent this week.

A northwestern mutual agent wrote 4 paragraghs to a consumer how the northwestern mutual policy was better than the mutual of omaha policy and the mass mutual policy because Northwestern removes 7 days from the waiting period should one day of care be received in a calendar week. And because Northwestern waives premiums immediately when a claim is approved. Just lies and idiocy.

So, I had to point out to the consumer that Omaha ironically has a calendar day ep which is actually better not worse than an enhanced service day ep; and MM will sell the same enhanced ep feature for peanuts.......and while immediate premium waiver is nice.... to spend $30000 more premium over 20 years to save $900 at claim time is just dummy captive agent math. SMH.

This is what we have to deal with in our insurance industry, unfortunately.

This is pulled from actual conversations. Straight from multiple agencies. I'll even bet money on it. Like you pointed out, they need to adjust those numbers to make it work for them.

Who pays 50%, let me call them now and confirm ?
Agencies will throttle the rate down depending on who pays for the leads. Even your much hated LTCFP pays more.

Using Jack's GA as an example makes no sense. They don't have a churn and burn operation like yours. You should use your numbers. The fact is you cannot use Mass because the numbers don't work for you. Shame on you.
And why not? Using Jack's GA is perfect. They do *nothing* for him, he takes 50% shave and does not complain. If anyone's the ultimate parasite - that's his GA.

I am sorry there are "support" costs. That is not important though to the agent, you just have a bad system for the agent. The fat in your system is in the management/sales recruiters like yourself. The system is good for you only.
You don't even know what you are talking about. Drivel.

These agencies don't care. They hire more, it is a revolving door. They keep the renewals and possibly more. They lock the agent into low contracts and never release the ones that are quiet.
I feel much anger in you - and that's what is driving your irrational opinions. If you had some bad blood with some unscrupulous agency - I assure you not all of them are the same.

You aren't. You will hire more agents to work the leads. They will turn into "B" leads. You can give them to senior agents to work. Plenty of options for the agency.
Again, you have no idea. None. You've never run an agency, you've never had to deal with these issues.

The training should be sufficient that if the leads are good, they should be able to close them. This is not rocket science. Again, those make great "hot" responder leads for others. Poor system for the agent, IMO.
I am just amazed... Which planet are you from again? You've never worked with live breathing people either?

Do you think we are stupid ?
Some people tend to defy imagination.

It would be a financial windfall. I can't treat agents like that though. No way I can treat people looking for a job to support their family in that manner. It takes a special breed of human to do that.
You assume the worst intentions, and, frankly, don't think you can hack the math either.

I'd rather have 50% and get nothing than 30% and get nothing.
The reason people get 30% and get nothing? They take the leads they've been given to work, waste them and then turn around and leave. You're one of them? Good, stay away.

Well I am trying to figure out whether Jack really has a business model (he previously claimed that he's generating 500k / year in business w/ $0 lead cost). All the agencies I have worked with have tangible (and significant) costs of doing business - leads being one of them. All of the agencies had to deal with lead conversion, lead utilization, etc - very real problems.
Now here comes Jack and the minions and claim that people who work at agencies are mere incompetent fools, who don't know what they're doing, plus the agencies are robbing them.

If you read what I wrote - please tell me, what am I missing there?

6 new leads today Betty since you are keeping count

So you take under assumption that the company endorses a few wayward agents' ways? That they've been taught to lie in order to sell?
Out of sheer indulgence, I called 2 different ex-ltcfp people and asked straight. Both laughed at me.
You got to understand that in a large-ish organization you get all sort of people - normal, crazies and everything in-between, whether you have your hiring filters tuned or not. If you don't get that, you've never worked with other salespeople.
If you've so high on ethics, you'd report these bad apples to ltcfp management. Did you do that? No. You're therefore complicit as they hit up the next client.

----------

I asked very simple question which I have never got an answer to (you, gender chauvinist you) - can you support 1600 leads/month with absolutely no lead cost.

----------

I also would not mind finding out what your conversion is on these leads. Don't remember you posting that either.

Latest posts

Back