ListShackPro down for the count?

Company phone now perpetually busy. Guessing my money is gone. Maybe he needs it more than I do to get out of jail

I signed up for only one month and canceled last year and they continue to bill me monthly. I called many times and no response just some lady with canned voice taking down my name and number with promise to call me back by end of day. No call back. I’ve lost $ and having to close my bank account to make the bleeding stop.

It’s been three years or so, but when I was new I subscribed to Josh’s data, subscribed to Dolphin Dialer (are they still around?) and used an Avatar script lol to generate leads. My first FE sales were from those self-generated TM leads. I had no problem cancelling either subscription.

Just yesterday a vendor I cancelled 10 days ago, Map My Customers, dinged my debit card for $49. They are a difficult crew to contact - no phone, uses a weird internet chat tool that is monitored a few times a week, apparently. So I called my bank. I forwarded my email cancelling the service and MMC’s response confirming they would process the cancellation to my banker. She said I’d have to come in to sign the disputed charge form, and since the vendor had my card number on file, I should let her cancel the card and she’d issue me a new one. I was in and out of the bank in less than five minutes with a new debit card and never have to worry about it again.

I do not want at all to seem or sound like I’m blaming the victim. But I do want to say that if your bank made it so difficult for you to fix this early, then you do need a new bank. Honestly, the first $50 blame on Josh, the next $700 blame on inaction by Bank of America. And again, at risk of “blaming the victim,” after 15 months of paying for a service you no longer wanted, maybe take a bit of responsibility yourself.

I check my accounts daily. I have several times over the past 10 years caught unauthorized charges and I took action immediately. I have never lost a dime of principal and all it has cost me each time was a bit of time to make sure the charges were properly disputed and my funds recovered.

Anytime I’m dealing with an unknown vendor or really even a known vendor that is small potatoes (meaning not big like Amazon) I always look for vendors that allow me to pay with my card through PayPal. That way the vendor never sees or has access to my card info. I know PayPal COULD have a breech too. But they have much more security in place than any of us small vendors could. And in the event of something like this disappearance of Josh (regardless of health related, business failure, legal problems, whatever) you can easily get your money back.

You have to protect yourself out there.

Back