Looking for a Term Life Insurance Company

I do plan on talking to an agent. But I still like to know what I'm doing which is why I've read up on life insurance. You can read stories all day long of people getting screwed by agents. But luckily those seem to be on whole life and universal type policies. Which is why most recommend term life insurance. As it is more clear cut. I don't want to be telling myself I made a mistake 10 years from now like some have done. As there is no changing at that point. So, I think my concern is valid.

I second Peter's offer. If you like email me and we can talk. As VolAgent mentioned, I am not licensed in TN so I can not sell you anyway.

You never can know what might happen. People live into their 90's and 100's. Then there are people who drop dead in their 40's and 50's or less. Either from natural causes or accidents. You never know, which is why it is good to be prepared.

You're preaching to the choir, my friend.

Jason,

Congrats on doing your own homework. It is important to understand what you are buying and feel comfortable with the decision. Life insurance is a long term commitment.

Depending how long you need the coverage and the associated costs, either term or permanent products may meet your needs. Talk to an independent agent about the options and don't be afraid to walk away if they make you uncomfortable. You are the buyer and there are numerous agents who are willing to help you.

If you are still concerned and continue to have trust issues, hire a life insurance consultant that doesn't sell products to review the recommendation for you.

Good luck.

You never can know what might happen. People live into their 90's and 100's. Then there are people who drop dead in their 40's and 50's or less. Either from natural causes or accidents. You never know, which is why it is good to be prepared.

I did read of a case where a policy holder dropped dead 3 months after the policy was started. Then the insurance company tried to not pay. But I think they got an attorney and ended up getting damages or something. I bet that was a nightmare.

I wrote a policy on Friday night, client died on Saturday. Policy was paid after the normal investigation. In 25 years and Millions of dollars in paid claims, I have not had one claim denied. Those never made the papers.

Wow, there would have to be some serious price differential or problems in the quality of the policy to justify those prices. I can't image paying for a review of term policies until you hit a $10 million face amount or more.

I agree. My services are designed for high face amount policies where the policyowner commits substantial premiums over the life of an insurance policy. My reviews are focused on suitability as well as ways to better manage an insurance policy to maximize the value. My services are not for everyone.

jason,

not licensed in your state, don't really care what you choose, but ask yourself this question..

How long are you going to need life insurance?
And think about it.

I make a great living reselling life insurance to people in their late 50's and 60's who still have to have life insurance. Their plan of 20-30 years simply didn't work out.

Term is awful vengeful cost wise if you have to buy it twice.

Term insurance covers a period of time, Permanent insurance covers a lifetime.

And while I'm kinda b itchy this morning answer this question or at least think about it.

When has an insurance company EVER made a policy cheap that they have to pay out on? While you've read what basically amounts to opinion pieces, insurance companies have done the math. IN any insurance product, where the chance of payout is high, is the product priced cheaply?

But hey, buy what you want. I hope it works out for you. Me? I bought whole life years ago and couldn't be happier with the results. Decent return on a no risk product.

That coupled with the FACT that had I bought term and had to buy again, my current health (type II, hypertensive) would have made me a table rated policy and I would be paying greater than WL rates in my 50's. Sure I could convert my term, if I bought one with that provision.

So if you buy term, buy convertible term, so if when you find yourself wrong in your estimation about your coverage needs and maybe your health is in the toilet, you can at least convert to permanent then and not totally lose out on coverage.

Good Luck.

If you were my client, I'd sell you the term now and then sell you permanent later after you've realized the situation you planned didn't happen.

hire a life insurance consultant that doesn't sell products to review the recommendation for you.

I don't know you, or your qualifications, but in all the years of dealing with "consultants" I have yet to find any worth the prices they charge.

You may be the exception.

Back