LTC with Mass Mutual

Its actually nice that they exist to educate the client and then they are ready when they see us!

I love it when I hear the Bankers Life agent was there before me. Makes my job so much easier.

Well, a NML agent is actually a well educated insurance adviser from a knowledge standpoint; they might just drink too much company and management Kool-Aid.

I don't know that a Bankers Life agent is trained similarly.

And the financial ratings of the 2 companies are polar opposites.

Well, a NML agent is actually a well educated insurance adviser from a knowledge standpoint; they might just drink too much company and management Kool-Aid.

I don't know that a Bankers Life agent is trained similarly.

And the financial ratings of the 2 companies are polar opposites.

Indeed... Even if Bankers was open on the brokerage side, I don't know how I could sell them with any confidence. Financial strength matters, and theirs is just terrible especially for such a costly (to the insurer) product as LTCi...

They are both captive systems. I actually see a few bankers LTC policies in force. Granted usually when health conditions exist and thats all they can get.

[FONT=&quot]Even though Long Term Care Insurance is growing in demand these days, the costly nature of regulations and requirements surrounding LTCI are making companies bow out, (the biggest example being giant carrier MetLife) which makes it appear like an unstable insurance option to invest in. Mass Mutual holds an excellent financial rating and has been offering its customers the best life insurance for decades. It has also been at the top of several philanthropic efforts such as its LifeBridge program. I’d go for it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Denise Mancini
Disclaimer: I work for AccuQuote and this is my personal opinion.[/FONT]

Read this:

Headline: IBM stops selling computers–future of computer industry in doubt! « LTCShop.com

nadm

[FONT=&quot]Even though Long Term Care Insurance is growing in demand these days, the costly nature of regulations and requirements surrounding LTCI are making companies bow out, (the biggest example being giant carrier MetLife) which makes it appear like an unstable insurance option to invest in. Mass Mutual holds an excellent financial rating and has been offering its customers the best life insurance for decades. It has also been at the top of several philanthropic efforts such as its LifeBridge program. I’d go for it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Denise Mancini
Disclaimer: I work for AccuQuote and this is my personal opinion.[/FONT]

Unlike a disability contract and a long term care contract life insurance payouts are even more straight forward. You die, beneficiaries get paid. Not sure how Mass Mutual's life insurance is the best??? Its generally higher priced. I never write it.

Unlike a disability contract and a long term care contract life insurance payouts are even more straight forward. You die, beneficiaries get paid. Not sure how Mass Mutual's life insurance is the best??? Its generally higher priced. I never write it.

Not true Jack,
That may be correct for a Term product, but if you're talking about Participating Whole Life, the company does matter.

While not an in-force rate increase, I received news from the Mass agency I am contracted as a broker through that they will be decreasing discounts and discontinuing riders on Signature Care 500... I did not see that one coming, honestly...

While not an in-force rate increase, I received news from the Mass agency I am contracted as a broker through that they will be decreasing discounts and discontinuing riders on Signature Care 500... I did not see that one coming, honestly...

No great surprise. They can't keep their present rates forever.

Any specifics?

Back