Lunch and Learn Ideas

Don't try to fill 90 minutes with talk. Encourage dialogue and questions.

Steer discussion toward topics where you have knowledge and are comfortable.

If you don't know small group don't try to come across as an expert.

Good advice.. 30 minute speeches, laced with a little humor that are concise and to the point will leave your audience wanting more rather than sitting there thinking "are they ever going to shut up?" Following the presentation get the audience involved with questions and as soon as they begin to taper off, close and shut up.. Don't try to drag it out to a specified time.

As a minister I can tell you there is nothing worse than one of us that only has 15 minutes worth of material delivering a 30 minute sermon. :)

Good advice.. 30 minute speeches, laced with a little humor that are concise and to the point will leave your audience wanting more rather than sitting there thinking "are they ever going to shut up?" Following the presentation get the audience involved with questions and as soon as they begin to taper off, close and shut up.. Don't try to drag it out to a specified time.

As a minister I can tell you there is nothing worse than one of us that only has 15 minutes worth of material delivering a 30 minute sermon. :)

Isn't that the truth? There is nothing I hate more than someone who loves the sound of their own voice and won't shut up.

Louis, you must be very good.

Methodists and Presbyterians start looking at their watches after 20 minutes.

Many people don't understand "how" insurance works with deductibles, coinsurance and max OOP. Perhaps discuss the basics then the pro's and con's of individual/family vs group health.

Louis, you must be very good.

Methodists and Presbyterians start looking at their watches after 20 minutes.
That reminds me of the story of a man who was visiting church for the first time. When the church began to pray, he asked the man next to him what it meant and the man explained it to him. Then they were having the Lord's Supper, they visitor asked what that meant and the member explained it to him. Then when the preacher stood up to preach, he took his watch off and laid it on the pulpit. The visitor asked, "What does that mean?' "Not a darn thing" came the reply. :yes:

Back