Major Players in Final Expense,your Opinion

Yes jd I've noticed that you also speak very highly of RNA.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Newby, speaking of Lincoln Heritage, what did you girls do with the insurance man? Did he hook up with Jimmer?

I think he got his feeling hurt by winning the spammer of the year award.

Hopefully he's recruiting a lot of new agents. We need more inventory down here. JD has about cleaned it all up.

>> American Continental has become my second favorite.

JD, What is it about them you like and dislike?

Not so. I have been using RNA as my "go to" company for two years now and I always sing their praises. They have their funny ways sometimes and I'm in a bit of a spat with them now, but, overall, nobody comes close to agent and member benefits and their pricing is about as good as it gets. Especially on the Royal Prime. That is unbeatable.

On their SIWL, the only area where they are major players on pricing is for male smokers over the age of 60.

I will also give props to Americo now. Since they came out with new pricing and changing their underwriting, they have been a pleasure to work with lately

I use Foresters some, but, I really don't like them. American Continental has become my second favorite.

I don't even use AmAm or UHL anymore. I still have them, but, they are in the trunk of the car. I would only got get one of them if there was special case and I can't remember the last time that happened. I believe it might have been in Oct. and I needed a direct monthly bill. I used AmAm for that.

We like Baltimore Life because we mostly sell Final Expense over the phone. The average 3-way call takes 16 minutes and 78% of the time a policy is issued and on the way to the client. They pay twice each week. If you like fast issue and fast pay, they are hard to beat. Also, the phone system is available in 47 states plus D.C. F2F agents may have other priorities.

>> American Continental has become my second favorite.

JD, What is it about them you like and dislike?

They don't do an MIB check or RX check. You do have to do a POS phone interview. Their pricing on the immediate coverage is not great, except for male smokers. Their graded is 40% 1st year and 75% second year. It is priced very competively. Their ROP product is almost priced as well as MoO's GI. It is not, however, GI.

The main thing I like about them is that they want and appreciate the business. I just got in from writing two AmCon apps today. I can guarantee you that I will get a call from them in the morning thanking me for the business and asking if I need replacement supplies and they will ask how the phone interview went and if there is anything they can do to improve it. And, they will listen. I had never complained about their phone interview process until last week. It was quite cumbersome when you were doing a husband and wife. When they called me about one last week, I mentioned that. They had the manager of that dept. call me later that day. I told her about how difficult it was to go over the same info twice when you were doing a couple. She said that no one had mentioned that and she would get it corrected. We talked about a few other things to smooth out the process. She said she would take it all into consideration.

I thought, sure, management blowing smoke. The ones I did today was completely different. She had made all the changes that I suggested for the call.

Those are small things, but, no other company that I have is doing those things.

Sounds good.

Are they direct?

I know you do f2f, Do they allow mail like RNA?

Thanks,

Lee

They don't do an MIB check or RX check. You do have to do a POS phone interview. Their pricing on the immediate coverage is not great, except for male smokers. Their graded is 40% 1st year and 75% second year. It is priced very competively. Their ROP product is almost priced as well as MoO's GI. It is not, however, GI.

The main thing I like about them is that they want and appreciate the business. I just got in from writing two AmCon apps today. I can guarantee you that I will get a call from them in the morning thanking me for the business and asking if I need replacement supplies and they will ask how the phone interview went and if there is anything they can do to improve it. And, they will listen. I had never complained about their phone interview process until last week. It was quite cumbersome when you were doing a husband and wife. When they called me about one last week, I mentioned that. They had the manager of that dept. call me later that day. I told her about how difficult it was to go over the same info twice when you were doing a couple. She said that no one had mentioned that and she would get it corrected. We talked about a few other things to smooth out the process. She said she would take it all into consideration.

I thought, sure, management blowing smoke. The ones I did today was completely different. She had made all the changes that I suggested for the call.

Those are small things, but, no other company that I have is doing those things.

Sounds good.

Are they direct?

I know you do f2f, Do they allow mail like RNA?

Thanks,

Lee

Yes, you can contract direct with them. As far as the mail thing, I don't know.

you may be able to. You don't have to be in the applicant's presense for the phone interview. They always ask if I am with the applicant or if it's going to be a 3-way call.

Someone else will have to answer that question.

Mabe this is a dumb question, but what is the big deal about a RX check. Dosen't the Application ask about Rx's taken anyway? Never have seen their App.

What are the benefits of this?

Mabe this is a dumb question, but what is the big deal about a RX check. Dosen't the Application ask about Rx's taken anyway? Never have seen their App.

What are the benefits of this?

No, the application does not ask for their meds. Neither does Americo's, but, they do an RX check after submission. Lots of surprises there.

You must not do much life insurance if you don't understand the the Rx checking.

Because I am from the fully underwritten world, where they always do a RX check, or you need to disclose Rx's anyway.

Which I guess is not so in the FE world.

Back