Man I Love this Business.

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
Taking a couple days to support one of my boys. Did a little business this morning, a bit more driving to So Cal. Rick bought me Mexican ribs for lunch. Sold another policy driving South. My hotel in San Clemente upgrades me to a suite. A client had send a bottle of wine as a apologies for having to reschedule diner. One of my companies had emailed me a "want to buy more insurance" lead so I sell two more from the room. Now I am that old dude checking out all the beach hotties in this beach bar.

I came from construction. Pounding nails in110` When someone tells me this is hard I have to snicker a little.. Edit: For me the freedom to come and go on my own schedule and the ability to go to my files to mine for gold are two of the biggest draws.

Last edited:
Congrats on your sales Wino. Being in business for yourself definitely has its perks. :) Enjoy your trip in So Cal

Thanks Ian, as we know, some of this stuff can go sideways real quick. However, being able to do this business during a 6 hour drive, in a parking lot or a hotel room is great.

----------

Sounds like a good day. One victory will give you the encouragement to deal with the next dozen challenges.

I hear you. I thinks as I get older the challenges do not effect me as much as when I was younger. As long as they are work challenges and not family or health I can roll with them.

----------

The other day I drove by a large field full of people bent over laboring. That looked hard. Not just the work, I have worked in the fields, but knowing that is what you are going to be doing tomorrow and the rest of your tomorrows. That would be hard for me.

Last edited:
The other day I drove by a large field full of people bent over laboring. That looked hard. Not just the work, I have worked in the fields, but knowing that is what you are going to be doing tomorrow and the rest of your tomorrows. That would be hard for me.

I was in an elevator the other day and a guy was polishing the inside. He turned to me and said, "If I had known then, what I know now. I would have stayed in school." I want him to tell that to my daughter when she's old enough to listen.

I lost a huge case yesterday.... Im glad at least someone had a good day :1err:

Although I did have a referral come in for a smaller case. So I agree that the bumps in the road get a lot easier to deal with the longer you have been in the business!

----------

I know what you mean. When I go out to eat and see the servers & bartenders I think about how I would possibly still be doing that if I had not fallen into insurance.

Back