Mandate Upheld!Get Ready to RUMMMMMMBLE !

Treacherous road ahead. The court just told the public that the only way you can stop Obamacare now is to not elect Obama.

As discussed, lose/lose for Obama but he has spin material on his side for sure while figuring out the next steps. Forward!

its very possible the court just re-elected OBAMA. can I vomit now?

In a way, this makes the fall election more clear cut. The voters not only have to decide who will be better at turning the economy around, but who will appease those who want Obamacare repealed.

Winter is the political guru, but it seems to me Obama now has an albatross around his neck and he is stuck with a plan that almost no one likes.

Sure, he will spike the football today and for the next several days on the campaign trail, but given the polarizing views on Obamacare, he is foolish to do so.

Romney, love him or hate him, have vowed to repeal Obamacare. Same for many Republicans, including weak sister Boehner.

The call for a vote in the House on repealing Obamacare will not get to the Senate floor so the Republicans will have a strong plank in their fall campaign.

And no, I have not been drinking . . . at least not yet.

Re: Mandate Upheld!

I said last night that the Supreme Court wouldn't take the time to try and understand this 2400 page monster. They'd take an easy way out ( Uphold 100% or Kill 100%) and then adjourn for their Summer vacations.

Noone on planet Earth fully understands the Affordable Care Act and the justices said during Oral Arguments in March that they weren't about to dissect it all either.
-ac

It's now the law of the land. Too much of a hurdle to win all 3 branches in Nov.

What happens if you refuse to pay the "tax"?

The court reinforces that individuals can simply refuse to pay the tax and not comply with the mandate.

Correct, if elected Romney does not possess the power to strike down laws he doesn't like. It would be a huge process to unflush this turd.

If you sit out and also refuse the pay the tax, then you owe the IRS, but their collection power are limited. They cannot garnish/lien/levy to collect. If you have a refund, however, they'd take it.

its very possible the court just re-elected OBAMA. can I vomit now?

Ohh. I dont know. Many of the libs wanted a clean kill here so that Obamacare would be totally behind them and Obama could recover by election time. Now he gets to go out and continue to promote one of the most unpopular programs in history as part of his campaign.

It is not pretty. The mess continues either way. Field day for Obama on this but Romney as well. Guess what Romney gets to argue that you get if you elect Obama now?

Government just keeps creeping into our lives, pretty soon we won't recognize the USA!!

I'm trying to read as the info becomes available. They did not rule on this per the commerce clause; ie - whether or not the gov't has the power to "force" people to buy something.

Instead, they issued the ruling based on the government's legal ability to tax.

Simply put; You don't have to buy anything. If you don't you'll just pay a tax.

Obama, you said health insurance would become more affordable.....

If my premiums dont go down, you are a liar....

Back