MAPD Commissions Question

Rick takes client BettyLou off of company A and enrolls her on company B. Since she had MA coverage before this is not her FIRST time having that type of coverage. Rick makes 50%.

Sounds like a good reason to let the navigators at Medicare.gov handle the situation.

Or maybe spend some time in those easy chairs provided by Aetna in the traveling road shows.

MA plans just give me the warm fuzzies.

I make a very good living working aep, i make 201.50 if someone switches from one co. to another and i make 403.50 if they are new to the advantage plan program no matter how old they are.

How in the world are you getting that kind of commission? Is this advanced or as earned?

I'm getting $250 for new MAPD's and $125 for switches....
not bad, but I'd rather be doing IEP's rather AEP's at this rate.

How in the world are you getting that kind of commission? Is this advanced or as earned?

In general, that is what all brokers make.

I went with an FMO and because of the production I did with the previous FMO they gave me an MGA because I also was into recruiting. If I had gone direct, I would only get a street level contract. The FMO has flexibility if you get with a good one which isn't easy. United Healthcare is getting down on MGAs who aren't meeting their minimum qualification. An SGA, which is their highest level at the FMO gets $498. It's hard to believe that the FMO is getting $700 but I can verify it.

In what world is that not bad? That's just horrible. Even when I was captive I was getting 300/150 now I get Max $450/225.

I'm guessing you don't get residuals either

In what world is that not bad? That's just horrible. Even when I was captive I was getting 300/150 now I get Max $450/225.

When I started out and didn't know better I was getting $80 new or replaced. Also, assigning all commissions (so, no residuals). I left that agency after a year once I found out how bad I was being taken. :swoon:
You live, you learn. Such is life.
So much happier now :twitchy:

I was saying "not bad" because they are fronting all my leads....mailers and preset appt.

Are you getting your current commissions advanced? or as earned?

Back