MAPD retention rate

It's the opposite for me. My med supp clients are sicker than my MAPD clients. Of course anyone that has major chronic issues I steer toward a med supp assuming it is within their budget. Most of my changes/shoppers are med supp ppl as well though wanting to look at MAPD. I find med supp a harder sell each year.

Not sure if any of you have been in a Deft Research presentation recently (they always have good stuff). Here are some MAPD retention nuggets:
  • MA switching this year was up significantly from last year at 15%, and hit the highest mark seen in the last seven years (was 12% last year)
  • OEP findings: While 15% of Medicare Advantage members chose a different path in the fall, 6% did the same in Q1. If that 6% had been consumers who simply ran out of time to enroll during the AEP, carriers could rest easy. But when many of the consumers who switched in the OEP were the same ones who just switched in the AEP, high switch rates become a much more serious matter 24% of members who enrolled in a new January 1 plan switched right back out of it in the OEP

Not sure if any of you have been in a Deft Research presentation recently (they always have good stuff). Here are some MAPD retention nuggets:
  • MA switching this year was up significantly from last year at 15%, and hit the highest mark seen in the last seven years (was 12% last year)
  • OEP findings: While 15% of Medicare Advantage members chose a different path in the fall, 6% did the same in Q1. If that 6% had been consumers who simply ran out of time to enroll during the AEP, carriers could rest easy. But when many of the consumers who switched in the OEP were the same ones who just switched in the AEP, high switch rates become a much more serious matter 24% of members who enrolled in a new January 1 plan switched right back out of it in the OEP

That’s incorrect what poster co agent quoted . That’s totally false that 89% never switched . What part d says is correct . At least 15% switch and I see massive switching during aep and oep. Matter of fact I notice more of an attack on my book during oep than aep . Reason why is call centers taking advantage of sleeping agents who take off after aep . Even like this month I’ve had to already save 5 plans . Call centers going wild yr round now .I’m willing to bet 75% of the people that switch during aep and oep are dual/lis people . They’re programmed to switch 1-2 times a yr . I think switching gets even worse as benefits level off or even start falling in the coming yrs .

Last edited:
Can you imagine the retention rate here in the Florida panhandle for AEP 2024.. Humana is coming out with an MAPD that pays all of the Medicare part B premium back. Slightly higher copays but same benefits in and out of network. Yes Mrs. Jones you get $164.90 back each month:D:D:D

Can you imagine the retention rate here in the Florida panhandle for AEP 2024.. Humana is coming out with an MAPD that pays all of the Medicare part B premium back. Slightly higher copays but same benefits in and out of network. Yes Mrs. Jones you get $164.90 back each month:D:D:D

I guess the panhandle is finally catching up with the rest of FL

Humana’s biggest state is Ga and they laid an egg for 2024 . Not one plan increased benefits and many plans raised copays , moop and reduced dental . Some states up north they increased food card from $150 to $250 . I’ll have to see what other CO’s do but it looks like the end of crazy benefits here . CO’s laying off career agents and regionals .

Humana’s biggest state is Ga and they laid an egg for 2024 . Not one plan increased benefits and many plans raised copays , moop and reduced dental . Some states up north they increased food card from $150 to $250 . I’ll have to see what other CO’s do but it looks like the end of crazy benefits here . CO’s laying off career agents and regionals .

So far I’ve seen 4 companies plans in my state of FL. They all have gotten a tiny bit worse or stayed the same. This was expected for the last couple of months.

So far I’ve seen 4 companies plans in my state of FL. They all have gotten a tiny bit worse or stayed the same. This was expected for the last couple of months.

have you had a sneak peak at any of the UHC plans in Fl. if so what the word?

Back