MAPD retention rate

Does anyone have statistics on the retention rate for MAPD plans nationally?

Depends on who you deal with . If you’re talking about a mapd overall I’d say 88-90% 1 yr.call centers who deal with low end will lose at least 30% within 12 months. Churn rates have been going up as basically most people can move year round now with all the seps. Also something nobody talks about is deaths . I’ve compared with several agent friends . I have no doubt mapd members are overall more unhealthy than med sup clients . Ive read many articles how low income clients are more unhealthy than middle to upper income. I’ve tentatively tracked my loses due to death . Last month alone i had 3 deaths . Now to be fair they were all ages 86-89. On a book of 1000 you’ll have 20-30 deaths a year which is 2-3% alone. I’ve seen several articles roughly 25% of mapd clients actively compare plans yearly . Obviously were seeing the beginning of belt tightening in mapd as the govt gave a very small rate increase this yr . United has been laying off a large portion of their regional directors . My regionals axed . Wait till plans discontinued or chopped big and you have to start moving people wholesale .

Back