• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

MAPD retention rate

Does anyone have statistics on the retention rate for MAPD plans nationally?

Depends on who you deal with . If you’re talking about a mapd overall I’d say 88-90% 1 yr.call centers who deal with low end will lose at least 30% within 12 months. Churn rates have been going up as basically most people can move year round now with all the seps. Also something nobody talks about is deaths . I’ve compared with several agent friends . I have no doubt mapd members are overall more unhealthy than med sup clients . Ive read many articles how low income clients are more unhealthy than middle to upper income. I’ve tentatively tracked my loses due to death . Last month alone i had 3 deaths . Now to be fair they were all ages 86-89. On a book of 1000 you’ll have 20-30 deaths a year which is 2-3% alone. I’ve seen several articles roughly 25% of mapd clients actively compare plans yearly . Obviously were seeing the beginning of belt tightening in mapd as the govt gave a very small rate increase this yr . United has been laying off a large portion of their regional directors . My regionals axed . Wait till plans discontinued or chopped big and you have to start moving people wholesale .

Back