Marketing to seniors turning 65

I believe the LIS threshold is actually $30 this year.

It may have recently changed to that. Wouldn't be surprised with all the other changes that keep happening.

When I did the Humana training though, we were told it is only $20 and that is why Humana raised their basic PDP cost to $24 this year. Humana decided they don't want to have their plans available to medicaid and raised the costs so they don't qualify. How thoughtful of them, way to help :no:

It may have recently changed to that. Wouldn't be surprised with all the other changes that keep happening.

When I did the Humana training though, we were told it is only $20 and that is why Humana raised their basic PDP cost to $24 this year. Humana decided they don't want to have their plans available to medicaid and raised the costs so they don't qualify. How thoughtful of them, way to help :no:

The threshold is different by States. Here in Ky/In the level for 2009 is $34/mo. Humana raised their rate to $42/mo. They are sending letters to the LIS folks telling them that they will have to pay $8/mo for their PDP plans next year.

Anthem/Wellpoint is sending letters stating that the LIS will have to pay $3.90/mo. for the plan.

Someone listed the entire threshold beakdown here a week or so ago.

Latest posts

Back