Max Baucus Retiring

In reviewing the issue of the "train wreck" comments, it appears that those are in relation to his position that HHS is doing a less-then-credible job of communication and outreach for Obamacare.

As I understand it, he's not saying PPACA is a train wreck. He's saying that implementation will be a train wreck come 10/1 because people won't understand what they have to do and what they are supposed to do. He puts that squarely on HHS for dropping the ball.

To paraphrase Baucus, 'if the public doesn't understand something, they are going to be against it'.

In reviewing the issue of the "train wreck" comments, it appears that those are in relation to his position that HHS is doing a less-then-credible job of communication and outreach for Obamacare.

As I understand it, he's not saying PPACA is a train wreck. He's saying that implementation will be a train wreck come 10/1 because people won't understand what they have to do and what they are supposed to do. He puts that squarely on HHS for dropping the ball.

To paraphrase Baucus, 'if the public doesn't understand something, they are going to be against it'.

Hey I understand it and am against it :)

Isn't this a broken record of Medicare Part D? Does anyone else see a pattern?

Congress comes riding in to provide a solution, does a horrible job, then doesn't make it easy for the people to understand it or shop it then blames someone else for it's faults.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hey I understand it and am against it :)

But were you for it before you were against it? :laugh:

Last edited:

Pretty much one and the same.

Since he is the principle author I would not expect him to trash it any more than Obama will even though it will forever be referred to as Obamacare . . . even if it is gutted or repealed.

Baucus is saying to HHS, how did you manage to f**k this up? I gave you a wonderful program and you dropped the ball.

It is the same as a certain segment of the population that knows Obama is a screw up but will never admit it publicly because they don't look like George Washington either.

Yes, Tim, Part D is a mess and O isn't making it any better by closing the donut hole.

Higher premiums, higher copay's, higher deductibles, new (and higher) tiers and fewer Rx on the formulary. But at least he did away with the donut hole.

Yes, Tim, Part D is a mess and O isn't making it any better by closing the donut hole.

Higher premiums, higher copay's, higher deductibles, new (and higher) tiers and fewer Rx on the formulary. But at least he did away with the donut hole.

I wasn't referring to that, I was referring to when Part D was created and pushed out to the masses, there was a period that seemed to be mass hysteria by the general public about it's complexity. Confusion was the common issue and many criticized it as being poorly implemented.

I guess one way of looking at things is that only through reputable agents did Part D ever get any traction. If it were left up to the government to get people enrolled, I don't think it ever would have lasted this long.

And right on cue, HHS is blaming the GOP. Do liberals EVER take responsibility for anything they do? Other than killing Bin Laden of course.

I can't think of any words to express how much I hate this bastard! He was that recipient of a letter from Humana pointing out how it's the high commissions paid to indy agents that is the root cause of all Medicare Advantage sales fraud. He is 100% responsible for CMS setting our commissions.

The guy is dirty and I hope he rots in hell.

Not that I don't love him as much as I love all of you on the forum.

Rick

Back