Med sup claims skying and enrollment falling . Next yr premiums jump big

So, you moved med supp from uhc to uhc and you are getting 6+ yrs of new reset renewals?

No, from UHC to a new carrier plan G

(MoO if curious - I know I know but everyone is going up and Cigna wouldn't take her husband at preferred b/c PSA in 2019 was high... It is what it is I don't think we can avoid MoO indefinitely)

If you re-write UHC to UHICA you don't get new trail and if you weren't original AOR you don't become AOR.

For those willing to learn underwriting - I do think the med supp market has some disruption this year.
Underwriting for supps is probably the easiest part of the medicare business. Just answer no to a few questions. With a few exceptions, you're the underwriter.

A heck of a lot easier than the old days when we agents did our own oral swabs.

No, from UHC to a new carrier plan G

(MoO if curious - I know I know but everyone is going up and Cigna wouldn't take her husband at preferred b/c PSA in 2019 was high... It is what it is I don't think we can avoid MoO indefinitely)

If you re-write UHC to UHICA you don't get new trail and if you weren't original AOR you don't become AOR.
Nothing wrong with MOO. I know a lot of agents don't trust them. But when their rate is good, you've got that name recognition.

The old days when a company would rock on for years without changes are pretty much over.

I'm re writing a bunch of med supps this year.

Re-wrote one this morning - I've had her policy since she turned 65 - went from UHC G eff 2/1/20 to new G 5/1/24 - new comp trail starts

Got her husband's - when she had turned 65 in 2020 he wasn't interested in changing. But now he's paying more... Got his Plan F UHC (was over $240/mo) down to new G at $122.

--

Every Monday, I'm sending 40 emails to a segment of my book asking them to call me (or calendly link) for a rate review.

This way - I can work through all 850+ med supps at a reasonable pace spread out over time. And hopefully won't have any asking for price checks or whatever during AEP.

For those willing to learn underwriting - I do think the med supp market has some disruption this year.
You should recommend Plan N. It’s a great plan. It’s “the road less traveled “, most people take G. Plan N rates tend to increase much more gradually than G. It stays affordable longer.

You should recommend Plan N. It’s a great plan. It’s “the road less traveled “, most people take G. Plan N rates tend to increase much more gradually than G. It stays affordable longer.

I agree its a great plan. Usually with t65s I quote and explain both G and N.

For flips, I try to keep it simple. G to G... N to N...

Yesterday as an example, we're already saving over $100/mo and had to talk about the F to G with the F guy...

Nothing wrong with MOO. I know a lot of agents don't trust them. But when their rate is good, you've got that name recognition.

The old days when a company would rock on for years without changes are pretty much over.
If MOO has a highly competitive rate and you don't write em', someone else (cough) will. It's a new game folks...

Back