Med Supp GI FoR Moving Out of Med Advantage Service Area

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
I've never heard of this one. Is it new? Honestly, what's to stop a sick person (high utilization) from changing their residence to a close relative's and then purchasing a Plan F to cover everything?!!!!

I've never heard of this one. Is it new? Honestly, what's to stop a sick person (high utilization) from changing their residence to a close relative's and then purchasing a Plan F to cover everything?!!!!

Moving out of an MA service area means the plan is cancelled. Cancellation is an SEP.

And that's a way to "game" the system. Move out of the service area and grab a med supp. I just had a referral of a woman moving from UT where she had an MA plan and paying a ton for chemo. She moved to CA and although she has a premium, her chemo is at no cost to her.

Rick

Last edited:
Moving out of an MA service area means the plan is cancelled. Cancellation is an SEP.

And that's a way to "game" the system. Move out of the service area and grab a med supp. I just had a referral of a woman moving from UT where she had an MA plan and paying a ton for chemo. She moved to CA and although she has a premium, her chemo is at no cost to her.

Rick

Unreal! Is this new?

Back