• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Medicare Advantage health plans leave seniors scrambling for alternatives

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
Medicare Advantage health plans leave seniors scrambling for alternatives

Greg Coffman, president of Insurance Planning Alternatives Inc., 315 N. Seventh St., said there are options for some who have been impacted by all this. He said the problem isn’t just with Rocky, but other Advantage plans that other insurers offer.

Coffman said it isn’t just the lower reimbursement rates, which can be as high as a 27% reduction for some providers, that’s the sole issue.

It’s also the requirement to get pre-authorization for most medical procedures that’s causing paperwork headaches for medical providers.

I don't know what all the scrambling is about, I don't see a reduction in benefits in fact I see stronger benefits more then I see less

MA has always had the same challenges, The alternatives have always been there Its called Med Supp and to get one while you still qualify

However some will always look for a less exepnsive option no matter what the trade off they think they are smart

Then when you speak with them while still in OE and expain the med supp ohh that is exactly what I am looking for

The cost Answear hey I see all this onn TV Free free free

Explain the out of pocket cost and the restriction

Ohhh this is too confusing

No you just dont like the answear you want supp plan at the cost of MA and you cant have it is all

I don't know what all the scrambling is about, I don't see a reduction in benefits in fact I see stronger benefits more then I see less

MA has always had the same challenges, The alternatives have always been there Its called Med Supp and to get one while you still qualify

However some will always look for a less exepnsive option no matter what the trade off they think they are smart

Then when you speak with them while still in OE and expain the med supp ohh that is exactly what I am looking for

No you just dont like the answear you want supp plan at the cost of MA and you cant have it is all

I agree with Vic. It appears that there are an increase in benefits. Now, step treatment might be utilized more, which cause an issue with benefits actually paid vs benefits offered.

What I say to myself and feel like saying out loud many times is "beggars can't be choosers". It might sound a little calloused and insensitive, but when they want 5 Dr's and 6+ meds to zig zag through and all the other free stuff they keep bombarding on TV, it becomes a real PITA.

Of course a med Supp is much better coverage but a large # of the population had no insurance ,cheap employer ins or Obamacare for free to $40 a month.Plus a husband wife med sup with pdp is $400-$500 a month . Many just can’t afford it . Heck every agent would love to sell med Supps as little service work .

Of course a med Supp is much better coverage but a large # of the population had no insurance ,cheap employer ins or Obamacare for free to $40 a month.Plus a husband wife med sup with pdp is $400-$500 a month . Many just can’t afford it . Heck every agent would love to sell med Supps as little service work .

I say this every year, Med supp clients are way more work for me. I have to shop pdp’s every year. Mapd client calls me, “what should I do with my plan”?

me: do you like it? Yes? Then do nothing. It stayed the same or got better.

No comparison as to the amount of work for an MA member vs. Med Sup and PDP. I have had some MA members on same one since 2011 and they are happy as hell. Don't have to switch ever 2 to 3 years like a Med Sup and run their prescriptions year after year to see if they can save $25.00 by switching to one of the other 28 PDP's available. And never have to ask a single health question!

I say this every year, Med supp clients are way more work for me. I have to shop pdp’s every year. Mapd client calls me, “what should I do with my plan”?

me: do you like it? Yes? Then do nothing. It stayed the same or got better.

I used to think the opposite, However, the more years and clients I have found this is True more and more

This year was insane with Client business, I am now rearranging everything for better efficiency, Including CRM and Automation improvements

large # of the population had no insurance ,cheap employer ins or Obamacare for free to $40 a month

Citation?

Where are these people? I hardly ever see them. They must be hiding from me unless you can cite a source for your SWAG.

.Plus a husband wife med sup with pdp is $400-$500 a month .

WTH are you selling?

My clients pay around $120/mo for G plan and $14 for PDP. 2X = $270.

Rarely have one balk at the premium. If so I default to the HD plan which cuts the premium by $80 or so. They almost always decide the G plan isn't so bad after all.

Citation?

Where are these people? I hardly ever see them. They must be hiding from me unless you can cite a source for your SWAG.

Guessing this estimate includes Medicare’s part b premium and other two policy premiums per individual. I have clients that figure it that way but conveniently exclude it when estimating MAPD costs.
Two times in the last ten years in Indiana, most of my MA book had to be rolled into another plan.
MAs give me something to service twelve months out of the year and an opportunity for multiple carriers to condescend to us lowly agents.

Back