• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Medicare Direct Mail: Postcards

@Duaine nice looking card. What are the dimensions? How many do you mail each time? What kind of demographics are you targeting? How many repeat mailings . . . IOW, how many times do you "touch" the same list?

Postcards to me are a mixed bag. All the consumer info is readily available . . . nothing to open . . . if the message doesn't grab the recipient it is the first piece of mail to go in the trash. Even more so with T65 folks that are bombarded with mail . . . especially AARP that mails the same people almost weekly.

This is my first time using DM for T65, and I am looking for a specific crowd. The demographics I use are within 20 miles or so of my home (even though I don't sell F2F). I target areas with primarily single family home owners with a median income above $40k. The people who contact me are interested buyers, not tire kickers, and are looking for a specific product to fill their need.

This approach is expensive but I also don't waste a lot of time chasing "leads" that have a low probability of becoming clients. They contact me, not the other way around.

This is not for everyone and I am looking for residual income not quick money . . . I can afford to wait on the right one to come along. I am close to break even with FYC but even a "loss" is still a win with residual + referrals.
I like your website and glanced at your video, who did you hire, I like that. I may have to steal that, lol. Have you mailed to the T67 crowd, if so, how far in advance do you mail to them?

I like your website and glanced at your video, who did you hire, I like that. I may have to steal that, lol. Have you mailed to the T67 crowd, if so, how far in advance do you mail to them?

?? T67 is not T65 getting on Medicare where you have to compete with every marketing to get a sale with a T65 effective date Where there would be a how far in advance

What is it you want with T67 are you thinking in terms of people retiring at that age or plan Changes?

You'll find people retiring 67 68 70 72 Why not just do 67 to 72 or 75 as your target?

Or is it something other then Medicare you are looking to market?

I'm finding that no matter who I buy my list from I get back tons of bad addresses

When I was doing my outbound mailing myself I would run the address through Melissa AND USPS change address database. Have you tried SL360?

I use T65Inbound and I used to get a decent amount of returns. I'm not anymore. I do get the "they dead" calls, but what do you do?

What is it you want with T67 are you thinking in terms of people retiring at that age or plan Changes?

I had a thought about this a year ago. Since full retirement is at 67, people are prolonging their entry into Medicare if they're working. You would hit the SEP. However, I decided to start at 65. When people call to ask if they have to go on Medicare at 65 I figure out their situation, leave them in my leads section and send out a "still need help with Medicare?" email every year.

Targeting T67+ is more for people that want to focus on replacements. Here in MI, with a 50% MAPD rate.. I'd need to market to a significantly larger size to get the same response.

?? T67 is not T65 getting on Medicare where you have to compete with every marketing to get a sale with a T65 effective date Where there would be a how far in advance

You'll find people retiring 67 68 70 72 Why not just do 67 to 72 or 75 as your target?

Or is it something other then Medicare you are looking to market?
Yes, thinking of people retiring around 67 and so on, just trying to find a good time to mail to them outside of AEP, I was just thinking around their birthday would be easier, but checking for other ideas too

I had a thought about this a year ago. Since full retirement is at 67, people are prolonging their entry into Medicare if they're working. You would hit the SEP. However, I decided to start at 65. When people call to ask if they have to go on Medicare at 65 I figure out their situation, leave them in my leads section and send out a "still need help with Medicare?" email every year.

Targeting T67+ is more for people that want to focus on replacements. Here in MI, with a 50% MAPD rate.. I'd need to market to a significantly larger size to get the same response.

Yes I am thinking about a mail system for the 67 to 73 range

I would love it if Scott developed something or I will try and figure out something myself for next year

I have great MA plans 5 star and such near me in addition to the Supplement plans besides that many retire that age too

I used to get so many on internet leads retiring 67 70 72 like that but the internet leads are not working anymore but for years it was great

I also am in a growing population, I would love to tap into this area in an efficient way

I would love it if Scott developed something or I will try and figure out something myself for next year

I would probably try it too.. The MAPD plan we have is BCBSMI, which I kinda hate, because they're a pain to work with, but I'd probably sign up if I was marketing outside T65 .. but for MS I'm wide open...

Targeting T67+ is more for people that want to focus on replacements.

Replacement and moving to MAPD.

Medigap underwriting is getting tougher and pretty much a crap shoot at this point. For me, it is T65 or SEP coming off group or nothing.

Replacement and moving to MAPD.

Medigap underwriting is getting tougher and pretty much a crap shoot at this point. For me, it is T65 or SEP coming off group or nothing.
What companies are you writing? My wife has 20 to 25 cases pending most of the time with mostly 67+ Med Sups. She doesn’t get many declines. But she doesn’t write the app unless she thinks it will get approved.
She favors Aetna but writes some MOO and a few others.

Back