Medico Electronic Enrollment

With UHC you take MA/PD apps through the mobile LEAN app and capture signature as well as use the mousepad for sig capture on laptop.

UHC med supps can be done on the mobile LEAN app, too. If for any reason you have trouble, you can do the app on laptop, etc and then open it via mobile and capture signature. Not ideal but better than nothing in a pinch.
Lean is garbage, totally worthless for agents who sell over the phone. UHC needs to get with the times & have e-app like the other carriers. They haven't yet because they generate so much business from AARP partnership that they don't need field agents. I like many others on this forum sell in a lot of states so very rarely visit anyone's home, so LEAN is of no value, same with ASCEND with Aetna.

I completely get it. I didn't mean to argue it's value...that will teach me to keep my mouth shut. As I said, lot's of coffee today.

I agree that f2f is a bit much in this day and age with technology advances being what they are.

I completely get it. I didn't mean to argue it's value. As I said, lot's of coffee today.

I agree that f2f is a bit much in this day and age with technology advances being what they are.
I hope you did not take my comment harshly. I was traveling yesterday stopped at a McDonalds that had no counter people, just kiosks. If people can use a kiosk at McDonalds they can handle an e-app. Some companies are resistant to technology, from an agent stand point, everyone should have very similar e-apps.

No, you didn't. I usually don't comment much because there is so much knowledge in here I just think anything I know, you all already know and then some.
Today I ran with the caffeine and proved myself right.:jiggy:

And, of course you are right about resistance to change. I've noticed Humana now allows virtual appointments for MA/PDs so I can only hope others follow suit.

As for UHC, you mentioned the large market share being a driving force behind their resistance. Do you think that will ever change? I always thought MOO was right behind them and they don't market near as much.

No I don't think UHC will change, as long as they have the AARP partnership. I think MOO has been ahead of the curve on technology over the years, it will be interesting since they plan to get into the MAPD market. I do like Humana's fast app program but it can be quirky since only works properly on Internet Explorer.

With UHC you take MA/PD apps through the mobile LEAN app and capture signature as well as use the mousepad for sig capture on laptop.

UHC med supps can be done on the mobile LEAN app, too. If for any reason you have trouble, you can do the app on laptop, etc and then open it via mobile and capture signature. Not ideal but better than nothing in a pinch.

But they still need to be with you to sign with the mouse, etc.

i.e., I can't be in my home office and they are 4 hours away and I let them know to just e-sign. The problem isn't so much the platform it's that there is no way to "remotely" sign the app - at least not that I know of.

But they still need to be with you to sign with the mouse, etc.

i.e., I can't be in my home office and they are 4 hours away and I let them know to just e-sign. The problem isn't so much the platform it's that there is no way to "remotely" sign the app - at least not that I know of.

Sorry... ^ replied to the above without realizing there were further comments...

sshafran, I Agree. Funny story (or not so funny), I had a lady, 4 hours away, who couldn't get it together enough to sign an app. She couldn't get into her email for esign and could not find scissors to cut out the pages for a paper app to fax to me. Long story but she was a referral who came to me at the 11th hour. I ended up driving to her house to pick up the app. I know it would not have been worth it for some but I'm still growing my book and I'll take it where I can get it.

It seems to me that UHC and everyone else will have to change with the times sooner or later or they'll lose out. Of course, it may be years before technology is so prevalent in the O65 crowd that they start losing business to a palpable degree.

XpressIns's comment about the McD's technology is so telling. I, recently, read an article about Walmart starting to use a new package pickup system in many stores. The customer orders online, gets confirmation on cell phone, goes to an assigned locker and enters a code to access.

I've been surprised at how much O65 clients use new technology. Some of them use their smart phones for absolutely everything and more efficiently than I use mine. In fact, I have had to update my own thinking and realize I need to keep up.

Editing to add, I'll be quiet now. Coffee is long gone and I went off topic to begin with.

Latest posts

Back